Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bugger...

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
I got home last night with one of those nagging things in the back of my mind... MOT's... When the feck did MUX get his? Last year, plod stuffed me for £60 having spotted it had expired 8 or 9 days previously...

So, after a wee bit of digging through the 'filing system', yup, MOT expired on the 1st July :oops: My garage chap usually sends out reminders in good time but the system has failed in this case...

The other bugger is that since Easter Bank Holiday Monday, MUX has been exhaustless when the last bit fell off en route to meet Jim for a bit of laning so there's no way he's going to get through the test until that is rectified... A straight through 3" pipe has been in the planning for ages - guess what I'll be doing tomorrow...

Hopefully that'll be enough to get the old chap through the MOT so we can go off laning with Jim on Sunday :)

Wish me luck if you're feeling fresh ;-)

Cheers
Gav

On the MOT point, what's the legality if your MOT has expired and the vehicle is parked up.... do you need to inform anyone or do a SORN similar to the Tax?

Gav that IS a bugger - hope it gets sorted :)

slightly OT -

I called Bennetts Insurance to change my address for my bike a while ago, and the lady on the phone told me "You cant amend this policy - you cancelled it 6 months ago!"
She said they received a letter from "me" instructing them to cancel the policy and change my address to somewhere in Loughborough.

So I had been riding around for 6 months with no insurance due to an 'admin error' :shock: :o :evil:

Seemingly, you can travel to an MOT testing point without one & that is all Tony... I don't think there's any notification system like SORN...

Cheers Kev - I'm sure it will be ok. Called into PECO this afternoon after a run over to Barnsley to collect some works stuff & they are knocking me up a small box for the morning, just to (hopefully...) take the edge off the straight through 3" zorst... Not too much though ;-)

What a load of tosh on the the old insurance front!!! But what would happen if you had to make a claim there &, as in this case, you genuinely hadn't cancelled the policy??? Surely there would be no comeback on you? Insurance, best scam ever...

Gavlad said:
Seemingly, you can travel to an MOT testing point without one & that is all Tony... I don't think there's any notification system like SORN...

Thanks, that's what I thought but wanted a second opinion.

TonyP said:
Gavlad said:

Thanks, that's what I thought but wanted a second opinion.

Just to add to that, it has to be travelling to a pre booked MOT. You can't legally drive around looking for a place with a spare slot.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, that is another point well made...

Where have you been recently Les? You've been quiet... Have you moved yet?

Cheers
Gav

The move has been cancelled (long story) so now we are buying the council house we live in.

Just come back from Turkey from a holiday just me 'n' the missus. So back to the grindstone now, oh how bl**dy wonderful. :lol:

Pictures Gav. Don't forget the pics. :p

C

Ecky Thump said:
The move has been cancelled
Oh... Thats a blow...
Ecky Thump said:
Just come back from Turkey from a holiday
Hurrah!!! Thats great!!!
Ecky Thump said:
back to the grindstone now
Oh... Thats a blow...

Its all ups & downs with you innit Les ;-)

Chris said:
Pictures Gav. Don't forget the pics.
Oooops... I'll do a few when I get Lord Muxley back with his MOT ;-)

Thats quite involved work when doing it from scratch like that... On/off/on/off...

Sounds nice though ;-)

Back