Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Camel Trophy documentary

That makes a lot more sense Philip, the lockers we take for granted in the UK generally put our LCs ahead of LRs with similar mods in terms of off road ability. We are very lucky to get the 80 fully locked as standard, seems odd that Mr T. thought it would be a good idea seeing as it was mainly sold as a luxury SUV when the poverty spec versions in Africa etc come without lockers. NGOs can afford factory fitted lockers after all :?

Good video BTW, well worth watching it. Was interesting to see how the competition changed over the years, especially in the late 90s where the last event was usually destructive to the vehicles (e,g, drowning) and then moving away from the off road stuff altogether.

id love to compete in this one day! :twisted:

[youtube:2kewcbdp]eQlud_QjFSo[/youtube:2kewcbdp]

nice tray backed KZJ70 in that video aswell! :thumbup:

Well if that isn't a reason for preserving our rainforests, then I don't know what is. There are people who would look at that and simply not understand why you'd do it. And possibly be against it too for no good reason. Like fishing, shooting, fox hunting, F1, dogging, caving, parachuting, naturism etc. Sorry not sure about the dogging reference. It's not for everyone I know. :whistle:

I might have to watch the Camel Trophy vid tonight just to get a fix of mud. OK I hate having to clean the truck off each time, but there is something just so satisfying in pitting yourself against the mud. And, just like the rest of life. You don't always win! It's a fair fight.

Chris

:clap:

Chas, how long have you been waiting for an excuse/reason to post that? :lol:

Ooooh, ages :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sheer brilliance. Thank you Chas for starting my day off with something genuinely funny.

Chris

Ben said:
id love to compete in this one day!

A neighbour of mine (Gary Stockton has met him :thumbup: ) is one of the leading lights in the Scottish Off Road Club.

He competed in the RFC some years ago in a heavily-tricked-up Defender 90 Pick-up.

I think they finished and had an amazing time.

It seems to be run over 'normal' forest tracks rather than cutting through virgin jungle :lol: .

From the sound of it, the Darian Gap is (or was, before the Pan-American Highway went through) more of a challenge.

As Abraham Lincoln once said "Those that like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they will like" :lol: :lol:

Bob.

Back