Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Carta Rally

Raj

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Hello everyone,
Today found time to empty Landcruiser and spray water underneath to clean any mud from pub meet. While cleaning I tried to see AHC bleeding nipples and found only 2 but YouTube says 4. So came back n started looking for videos n found a video mentioned west coast off road. Now I forgot about AHC bleeding n started reading about west coast :) and their adventures. They won Carta rally in a 105 LC. I checked if I too can take my car n go for that rally in 22 or 23 as it needs long savings plan. Fee is about 3500euro so m guessing it ll cost 5-6K£

Any winners/participants from our club?
Are these rallies suitable for stock cars with minimum mods?
This rally looks like in open land so cars won’t be damaged like in UK greenlanes. Is my guess correct here?

I've not taken part in this, but have done a number of other events. In theory you can compete with a lightly modified vehicle, but in practice very few people do - most trucks are modified specifically to the event type you are doing.

Regarding being less damaging than UK laning - well, yes, there will be less likelihood of minor paintwork damage and pinstriping, but much more risk of catastrophic damage, roll-overs, etc. Then theres the issue of recovering your vehicle to the UK if the worst happens.

Having looked briefly at the info on Rallye Carta, it doesn't look very beginner-friendly... but would be a heck of an adventure!

Reactions: Raj
Thanks Dave, looks like one can still try to play the game safely if not interested in winning :).
I guess these rallies allow two drivers per car. When young my sport was Karate. Imp lesson I learned there was to play effectively without injury to anyone. If just played safe n used the technique correctly, that’s a win, cup or medal was never a end point

Last edited:
The problem comes with some of these kind of events is that the route is set and time-restricted - so there is a risk you'd be pushed outside your comfort zone in terms of speed or/or terrain, or face DQ. And its very easy to get carried away in the heat of the moment ;-)

Overseas events are a great experience, though - you just need to ensure you and your vehicle are prepared for what you will encounter. The organisers should be able to give you a minimum spec list for the event.

Best suggestion is to try to find people who've done this specific event and get their views, I guess.

Yes that’s a good idea Dave. Will meet west coast off-road team.

Back