Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Challenge, Cruiser on the road for under a grand.

My Grandson when he first got in my Collie said the blue/grey seats look like Bus seats so I can see the attraction of the leather. The cloth seats do wear really well though and they are quite warm in Winter.

Reactions: Bob
TBH I'm not a fan of LPG, I've had 2 80 petrols with LPG and found it fractionally cheaper than running a diesel it ran out a ridiculous rate. To invest in an LPG system wouldn't be a good investment as I probably only do 2-3k a year in it.

Anyway I'm plugging away with it, doing little jobs to make it better. Today it went from this :-

View attachment 177718

to this:-View attachment 177719

Also, one of the heater control bulbs was out, annoying when driving at night, mainly because it just wasn't right. Got a bulb out of an 80 ashtray illuminator and slipped the green sleeve over it and now they are both lit.

And, fitted a S/H DAB radio and aerial so we've got some decent sounds.

View attachment 177720

Off to the paintshop tomorrow for some corrective paintwork on the bonnet and roof and we're getting there.
did you go with a dab aerial in the end andy?

My Grandson when he first got in my Collie said the blue/grey seats look like Bus seats so I can see the attraction of the leather. The cloth seats do wear really well though and they are quite warm in Winter.

I have the cloth in mine, and I agree on both counts, they have held up very well considering the state my work trousers are in at times. They are also very comfy, it's a far more comfortable place to be than the Kuga I run as a child moving device.. and even gives Mrs Bob's 5 year old Rav4 a run for its money in the comfort stakes.

The leather does look nice though Andy, it's great to see a good truck being treated right

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It became a van this morning when I collected a spare set of 120 wheels up in the highlands of Halifax. Seen some snow this morning I'll tell thee.

IMG_2628.JPG

Not too many beat the 95 for rear loadspace with the seats gone. Mine has a flat floor being commercial, and it hauls some amount of stuff... most middling vans would be proud

Love the leather seat swap!! Did you do the heated seat control as well?

How did you wire in? Did you find ready connectors hiding in the centre dash near the gear stick? Or you wire them yourself?

IMG_2629.JPG

The plug is in place but the length of wire with the connecters to the switches from a VX is needed.

Thanks, I got the VX cables that looks like the photo below. Am I still missing another part of the cable? I tried looking around below the ashtray area but couldn’t find anything that matches the grey end connector in the second photo.

Where do your blue and white connector cables run to?

Thanks

Note: mine is a JDM TX, I swapped a set
Of leather seats in as well like you, I re wired the electric seat control from an extra fuse link.

Attachments

• 423E6C78-44B4-4318-8692-FDE297C049DC.png
    423E6C78-44B4-4318-8692-FDE297C049DC.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 4D85FCC6-13BE-4677-AE7B-B97D2B6EEE39.png
    4D85FCC6-13BE-4677-AE7B-B97D2B6EEE39.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 40
The wire to the right is for the 2nd start/ pwr botton and doesn't have a plug as its part of the loom and they all have it.
The wire to the left is for the heated seats, there is a blue based switch and a white based switch. It has the two plugs at one end and the master plug on the other. the socket for that is about level behind the front of the console on the N/S. I can't imagine its not there even if its an import. I got the wire with the console when I got the interior so I got the heated seat switches.
As regards the wiring to the seats, its tucked away under the carpet under the seats, Id be amazed if it wasn't there ready to plug into the seat socket.

Thanks AndycruiserguyLomas, for the Master socket, when you said behind the front of the console on the N/S, you meant behind the AC control knobs? I did have a look around mine below the astray but didn’t see the other end of the Master socket. Picture below looking towards the front of the car below the astray. I can see 3 white plugs/sockets.

I will probably have a look behind the climate control of mine.

Will also have a rattle below the carpet under the seats.

Attachments

• 9529B655-32FB-487F-B357-ACDFEA23B260.jpeg
    9529B655-32FB-487F-B357-ACDFEA23B260.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 34
The plug for the heated seats is behind the white bit.
IMG_2632.JPG

Hope you can find it now.

Hi AndycruiserguyLomas, I found all 3 plugs!! 2 brown and one big one at where your photo says. Big thanks

However I have a question, the passenger brown plug below the seat has the same number of wires as the female end from the seat, bingo! See first photo.
However, the brown plug below the driver seat only has 2 wires?? See second photo. The female end from the driver seat has 4 wires. Am I missing something anyone?
Thanks

Attachments

• 66DC755F-1E0C-4AD7-BC9F-9E4A909F769A.jpeg
    66DC755F-1E0C-4AD7-BC9F-9E4A909F769A.jpeg
    575.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 1E89AD2C-31F9-4BCE-BEFD-DD8B7C1543A6.jpeg
    1E89AD2C-31F9-4BCE-BEFD-DD8B7C1543A6.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back