Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

changing front shocks on a coloado- Help?

Beau

Country Flag
guyana
Any done this before. I am going to attempt to do them. If anyone has been through it already please let me know how you did it.

Thanks

Beau, it has been done countless time and posted on here too. I would give the search function a go first. Look in the 90 section. Big Clean Green did a good post including equipment used.

Chris

getting the top mount or dougnut off is a pig of a job if the nuts are rusted - millners now on at about a quarter of the toyota price so first sign of trouble get grinding!

Did the job on the weekend. It went fairly easy.

I did one side by just jacking the job up, catching the top nut and then sliding the bottom in place. It took a few attempts.

I tried this for the other side but no luck so I compressed the springs, tied them with springs and then put them in place. Worked well, but took ages. Well worth it!

MrPaul said:
any piccies?

No pics of me doing it in action, but I have got pics of them on the car.

Height wise, there is no change as the spring was the same, but a much better ride.

That was the first time the front shocks were replaced in 15 years, and 150,000 miles, and the springs are still going. Impressed! :clap:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back