Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chelsea tractors

Zeusv8

Range rover sports have been voted the worst second hand car to buy as they have the most faults and are expensive to fix according to a Which? survey!! A 2005 model can cost over £16k!
Stick to the LC me thinks :thumbup:

:thumbup: yep i will be sticking with my lc

My neighbour bought one brand new and the same night it had a small fire on the back axle after the back brake had seized on. Great cars :lol:

Joe

I do think they're one of the best looking 4x4s though :whistle:

/runs away from mob with pitchforks screaming "burn him burn him"

Crispin, how very dare you.
surprised-004.gif

They are pretty.

saw an 11 plate disco and a 12 plate rangie being recovered sat on the m6.

so they do like to be admired!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had the 1949 model which was very reliable and reasonably priced at £10 in 1966.

Frank

You should have kept it, worth a small fortune now!

I think the 55-59 plate models suffer in the same way that the 54-59 plate Disco 3's do, they share so much of the underpinnings.

My wife has had a 2010 Disco 4 from new, faultless and a great car to drive, the model changes were far more than superficial.

The cost of old Defenders (300tdi or td5) are amazingly high, whereas same age Disco's are good value and a more useable vehicle imo.

Pete

The Range Rover Sport is a Disco underneath same chassis etc. Just range-rover bits crammed inside.

They recommend to change the turbo take off the body shell !!!!!!!!!

If you want a Range Rover buy a proper one not a bling machine.

I still want one

Mal

my boss has had a few brand new disco's and a range rover sport, so hes obviously a fan of landrovers. but even he will admit there poorly built, unreliable, crap vehicles. :?

that said hes just bought another brand new disco. :lol:

one thing he wont do though is own one out of warranty! :naughty:

the amount the last disco and RR sport would have cost, had they not been under warranty doesnt bear thinking about. :roll:

the last thing to go wrong on the last disco was the wiring loom on the auto box burnt itself out. it went back to landrover for 2 weeks, and had it not been under warranty, would have cost £900! :thumbdown:

i think theres a reason why we all love landcruisers! :dance:

Ben said:
i think theres a reason why we all love landcruisers! :dance:
At my 4x4 club they are always trying to persuade me to get a LR because the spares are so cheap, my reply is always yes, but I don't need so many :lol:

can you imagine if landrover parts were the same sort of prices as toyota bits. :think:

no one would be able to afford to keep the things going. :lol:

landrover parts might be cheap, but there destined to fail, like the parts there replacing. :roll:

toyota parts might be expensive, but genuine parts are well made from what ive seen! :twisted:

That is true about taking the body of to replace the turbo's its a 2 day job. whats it going to be like when its 10 years old and everything is rusty and snaps :cry:

Cossack said:
get a LR because the spares are so cheap
Not sure that applies to the newer models from some of the shocking stories I've heard from someone who works on them.

Ben said:
the last thing to go wrong on the last disco was the wiring loom on the auto box burnt itself out. it went back to landrover for 2 weeks, and had it not been under warranty, would have cost £900! :thumbdown:

How does that happen though? If there is no fuse then that is shoddy design. If the wire is underrated for the fuse, that too is shoddy design. Not everything I do is 100% perfect and when something really stupid happens and someone points it out, it is nothing other than embarrassing. How do the "engineers" design something knowing that it is not going to last or that it is so close to the limits that a slight stress will tip it over. Don't they feel bad?
Maybe it's the bean counters overruling the engineers?

Bean counters and project managers with no understanding of engineering, unrealistic time plans, wanting everything done yesterday with no plan B or contingencies when things don't go to plan are usually to blame for things like this Crispin... Does not matter how good an engineer you are, if you have a lack of time and money for development with no compromise on the product spec the product will inevitably have problems.

Back