Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cleaning in-tank filter

DaveN

I'm going to do this, to pre-empt any problems.

For those that have done it, are there any parts I may need before I start? I don't want to get half way through and then find I need something that's on back order.

ITS A QUICK EASY JOB

i am not aware of any parts you will need (i didn;t need any)

Just a pain taking the seats out really. I thought about just cutting the carpet, but the seats are still in the way.

Don't be tempted to blast air down the line though. It will blow the filter off the end!

Chris

A great help for this kind of through the hole work is one of those mechanics endoscopes with a cell phone camera at the end. They are getting fairly cheap and you can delve into the unknown without too much trouble.

My petrol guage never seemed quite the same once I had removed the filter from the hole and re-inserted it. Treat it gently like making love to a beautiful woman and all will be fine. As with a lot of peoples mine came out very dirty!

spackrackman said:
Treat it gently like making love to a beautiful woman and all will be fine. As with a lot of peoples mine came out very dirty!
Jonnie, the mind boggles... :o
:laughing-rolling:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the tips guys.

Never made love to a beautiful women before, but have dreamt about what I'd do if i ever got the chance.

So what do you actually clean the filter with?

Anything really. Petrol, spray carb cleaner. I think I used brake cleaner or Jizer. Nothing special.

Chris

The in tank filter cannot be bought as a separate item (well not here anyway) so do not damage it. If you feel like it this is a great time to siphon off some fuel from the 'bottom' of the tank to pull out any crap in there, in particular if your car has had dirty diesel. On rare occasions the oval gasket can tear so be careful when lifting the sender unit ect up from the tank

regards

Dave

Back