Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Close call

Tommo&Claire

Garage
So i'm driving home from a mate's house this afternoon on a typical country road which, like most roads in Hampshire at the moment, pretty well flooded. I'm not kicking the arse out of it, cruising along at around 55mph. Suddenly from the hedge row on my left not 30 yards ahead an old guy in a series Land Rover (yes a bloody Land Rover!) pull straight out of a field without looking.

No time to brake, i swerve to the right missing his right wing by what felt like no more than 6 inches only to find myself on the wrong side of the road with a transit type van heading toward me, followed by a queue of traffic. He's hard on his brakes but it's not going to help so i swerve back to the left, tyres now scrabbling for grip a wee bit and he misses my back quarter by what feels again like no more than 6 inches...

How depressing to be imminent for an operational tour over seas and get taken out by a pensioner in a Land Rover before i even get there...

:pray:

Glad to hear you're alright and no damage, it must have been a bit scary, but do you think the trousers will clean up OK :lol:

Close shave Tommo ! I bet the old boys brakes were full on in the landy, they're a bit like push bike brakes ! Even worse when wet ! Glad you've not dented the LC, lol.

Nick.

Brimming heck, that sounded like a close one. Have you played the lottery, you defo on a lucky streak

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ecky Thump said:
[quote="Tommo&Claire":2gdxgmts]So i'm driving home from a mate's house

What :!: :!: You mean you've actually got one :?: :lol: :lol:[/quote:2gdxgmts]
Wonder what it costs him!

Ecky Thump said:
[quote="Tommo&Claire":p44s4lo8]So i'm driving home from a mate's house

What :!: :!: You mean you've actually got one :?: :lol: :lol:[/quote:p44s4lo8]

That's what i like about you mate, F&^% ALL!

Tommo&Claire said:
[quote="Ecky Thump":b2zfr9m8][quote="Tommo&Claire":b2zfr9m8]So i'm driving home from a mate's house

What :!: :!: You mean you've actually got one :?: :lol: :lol:[/quote:b2zfr9m8]

That's what i like about you mate, F&^% ALL![/quote:b2zfr9m8]

I've just tried to phone you you plonker. Answer the bl00dy thing willya :?:

Tommo&Claire said:
[quote="Ecky Thump":1lm3ear5]Well, he is almost Captain of his own ship so he can afford it :lol:

I'm only Captain for 2 weeks in every 6![/quote:1lm3ear5]

Well if driving his cruiser is anything to go by we best all stay well clear :lol:

The big guns on the front of the ship make a compelling argument to stay clear.

I suppose the old boy in the landy just p*55*d off as if nothing had happened.

joinerman said:
I suppose the old boy in the landy just p*55*d off as if nothing had happened.

He was not even aware anything had happened till i was well clear....

Suppose he's been driving for the last 40 years & never had an accident.

Caused hundreds though !!!!!!!

Back