Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Comarnic - Romania - 2019

We are home and while glad to see the back of the M25 and the M4 which was only slightly better for the first few hours it still seems the trip ended too soon .

It was nice to meet Nicks friend Radu and his wife Annie who where great hosts who tried their very best to cram as much of the wonders of their particular part of Romania into a single day with great success so i will post my thanks here in the hope they may see it .

And of course it was great to see Clive and Owra again who have already made their home feel like my home from home so i'm sure they will understand that theres not much i can say that i haven't said before other than a great big thanks once again :thumbup:

All in it was a great trip , very relaxed , good company , no drama , the campsites couldn't have been improved upon , loads of food & beer , everyone slept well and i can honestly say Helen arrived home not wanting for anything , cuppa and a bath just because we have to do something but i feel i could start the entire journey again tommorow which speaks for itself i think .

We are home and while glad to see the back of the M25 and the M4 which was only slightly better for the first few hours it still seems the trip ended too soon .

It was nice to meet Nicks friend Radu and his wife Annie who where great hosts who tried their very best to cram as much of the wonders of their particular part of Romania into a single day with great success so i will post my thanks here in the hope they may see it .

And of course it was great to see Clive and Owra again who have already made their home feel like my home from home so i'm sure they will understand that theres not much i can say that i haven't said before other than a great big thanks once again :thumbup:

All in it was a great trip , very relaxed , good company , no drama , the campsites couldn't have been improved upon , loads of food & beer , everyone slept well and i can honestly say Helen arrived home not wanting for anything , cuppa and a bath just because we have to do something but i feel i could start the entire journey again tommorow which speaks for itself i think .
I can only second every thing Shayne has said, so thanks everyone for making this the best trip I have ever been on, cannot wait till next time. If I'm unfortunate never to meet Helen again I will never forget that infectious laugh
Anyways thanks Clive for the invite and everyone else for the crack, all seems very boring now it's all over

Well if this is the appropriate time to say something, it’s always our pleasure having visitors. We should have started a guest book from the first visit back in 2015, I think I’ll start drawing up a list of LC types that have stayed with us, it must be getting quite long by now.

It was good to see familiar faces again and some new ones to us, Trevor and David first timers, and both said they’d like to come again. Sad that Chas couldn’t be with us, but I for one felt his presence, we don’t seem to be able to shake him off very easily :lol:

As said, the pleasure is all ours.

Thanks to all for making the huge effort to come, and we’ll do our best to try to find some new tracks and places to visit for 2020.

Thanks also for the donations of bacon, sausages, Galaxy chocolate and the Thompson’s water-seal ... and not forgetting the last evening meal we had together, despite the venue letting us down somewhat... :rage:

Cheers guys, see you ASAP... :thumbup:

Wow, what a trip that was. All made possible by Nick's mate Radu and of course Clive and Owra opening their homes to complete strangers and being fantastic hosts. This trip had everything and more for me, amazing scenery, great off road driving, giving a sense of freedom you just don't get back home. New foods to try, the cutest cats ever, hedgehogs and a real live bear.....a bloomin great big bear.

I thank the weather gods for almost flawless sunshine and I suppose I better thank Nick for guiding me to the Transfagarasan which was jaw dropping.

Yes it's a long 3 days there and back but having Naughty Nick, Shirtless Shayne, Lady Laugh-a-lot Helen and Tates David to ensure plenty of humour along the way was great.

I found Romania to blow away any of the stereotypes I'd previously heard about and feel very privileged to have spent time there.

Thank you one and all. Oh yes, almost forgot........cake, lots and lots of delicious cakes.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wow, what a trip that was. All made possible by Nick's mate Radu and of course Clive and Owra opening their homes to complete strangers and being fantastic hosts. This trip had everything and more for me, amazing scenery, great off road driving, giving a sense of freedom you just don't get back home. New foods to try, the cutest cats ever, hedgehogs and a real live bear.....a bloomin great big bear.

I thank the weather gods for almost flawless sunshine and I suppose I better thank Nick for guiding me to the Transfagarasan which was jaw dropping.

Yes it's a long 3 days there and back but having Naughty Nick, Shirtless Shayne, Lady Laugh-a-lot Helen and Tates David to ensure plenty of humour along the way was great.

I found Romania to blow away any of the stereotypes I'd previously heard about and feel very privileged to have spent time there.

Thank you one and all.
You can probably understand how pi**ed off I was not being able to go there again, but there you go, I've done it four times before and I have the memories, lots of donkeys but never saw a bear though. That Fag Ash road is something else eh Trev?

Yes, thanks to one and all, great trip :) sat at work now waiting for my list of deliveries trying not to fall asleep, works sucks boo!

Yes, thanks to one and all, great trip :) sat at work now waiting for my list of deliveries trying not to fall asleep, works sucks boo!

Second that, I’ve spent the whole morning reading back-emails and still I’m only one week into the 3 weeks I’ve been away from the office...
Boo :cry:

Just showed them your message, smiles all round. I said he should come to lincomb and he was up for it until Annie pointed out that that's when bubs is due. I pointed out that hes not pushing it out :)

Trevs potty mouth, i'm inocent on this ocasion!

So, after watching the rear and front dashcam vids, how did this photo come about?

6DC0C5B2-C548-446A-A8BD-D5625C8699D7.jpeg

I don’t remember a profile of the beast in either video... :think:

Just askin...

Apparently I've been a bit shy with the photos so I'll get to it at somepoint, promise

Ok, trip report from my perspective!
Day 1
Got up at half twelve i think and drove down to Folkestone to catch the 0535 train, its only a 100 odd miles but after last year with the m25 and m20 being closed thought i'd better leave early. Trevor was booked on the same train as me and Shayne and Helen half hour later. Trevor arrived soon after.
First photo of the holiday courtesy of the idiot :)
20190817_032219.jpg

An epic bit of parking from the 120 driver!
and the line up so far
20190817_034826.jpg

We both managed to get on the 0530 train and were soon on board
20190817_050636.jpg

trevor doing... i dont know what? When we got off the train France welcomed us with some lovely sunny weather, no thats not right, it was properly peeing down.
We Drove to Adinkerke for holiday smokes and were soon met by Shayne and Helen not that Trevor noticed their arrival.
20190817_083320.jpg

20190817_083303.jpg

and no its not that wide Shayne, thats the magic camera lense!
We drove to our first campsite, same one as last time in Germany
20190817_163917.jpg
20190817_163934.jpg

My tea, chicken thing in a bap
20190817_184716.jpg

and Helen supplied Drumsticks and pork chops.
20190817_184719.jpg

It rained all evening and we were glad of trevors ostrich wing for shelter

Day 2, Germany to a new camp in Austria
Bit chilly in the morning but it is in a vallet next to a big river
20190817_210116.jpg

and the only time i could be bothered to cook breakfast
20190818_081631.jpg

Stopped at some services where Shayne and Trevor has ham egg n chips
20190818_135435.jpg
20190818_135601.jpg
20190818_135609.jpg

And then onto the camp at austria
20190818_173623.jpg
20190818_173629.jpg
20190818_181112.jpg
20190818_184905.jpg
20190818_184924.jpg
20190818_185831.jpg
20190818_185834.jpg
20190818_194026.jpg
20190818_194029.jpg
20190818_194126.jpg
20190818_194853.jpg
20190818_195403.jpg

There was much wildlife at this campsite (maybe not the bunny)
20190818_203059.jpg
20190818_203806.jpg
20190818_205651.jpg
20190818_205737.jpg

20190818_214215.jpg

Back