Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cooper Discoverer A/T 3 265/65 R17 120 R

garygiles1963

Hi

Thanks to everyone who gave advice on my recent question concerning tyres for my 120.

Having done much research I have decided to go with Cooper Discoverer A/T 3 265/65 R17 120 R. The cost is a big saving over BF. £600.00 for 5 inc delivery and fitting.

Its a bit of a gamble I know but the cost saving for me, is considerable, so I have to chance.

Will let you know how I get on with them.

Thanks again.

Regards

Gary

Hi

Thanks to everyone who gave advice on my recent question concerning tyres for my 120.

Having done much research I have decided to go with Cooper Discoverer A/T 3 265/65 R17 120 R. The cost is a big saving over BF. £600.00 for 5 inc delivery and fitting.

Its a bit of a gamble I know but the cost saving for me, is considerable, so I have to chance.

Will let you know how I get on with them.

Thanks again.

Regards

Gary
I've had a set on my 95 & after 16000 miles the fronts measure 7mm & rears 12mm ( just swapped em round)

no idea , i haven't really looked at tyre longevity before . interestingly the price is what i paid 2 years ago

I got them trough Oponeo.co.uk Ltd, little disappointed with the service, I paid for them Wednesday. Received an email saying they had received payment and that's it, nothing more. Hope I have not been dupped. That's a lot of money to loose for me :(

G.

If they do mess you around i would still seriously consider the BF's. If the coopers have worn down to 7mm in 16000 miles the bf's will sail past that. i sold my old BF's with around 50000 miles on them and they had 7mm left on them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oponeo rings a bell for me so i'm thinking i have used them without problems because we never forget when things go bad .

Hi

To honest the mileage is not a real issue for me, I bought my 120 with 37000 on it, in October 2014, the clock has just passed 43000. I'm afraid the cost difference of 205.00, for me is huge, its almost 2 weeks rent for my caravan pitch :). So that's why I'm taking a chance on the Coppers.

As for Openeo, I am surprised I have not heard anymore from since they have acknowledged receiving payment, I also wrote to them yesterday afternoon, asking for an update, with no reply. Maybe I'm just to use to ordering on Amazon :) with next day delivery. I'll give them till Monday lunch time.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

I have these on my 120 (it came with them) and they seem to be very good so far. Not tested them offroad but on the road they are great.

I don't know what they're like mileage wise but I'm in the same boat as you... i.e. i'll probably have to replace them due to age before they actually wear out :grinning:

Had theses on my 95,got to admit found them good on road and off road,did a few thousand mile on them before I sold it and still looked brand new, but I did have four wheel alignment done when they were fitted which helps.

hi

Had these fitted last Monday. Also has the tracking done at the same time.

I really like them, Only driven on road but the drive feels more positive. As you all know we've had a bit rain lately, these tyres feel no different in rain or dry. so very happy so far.

I got the pricing wrong, didn't include fitting, so the tyres £600.00, fitting and tracking £150.00. I still feel £750 is a good deal.

I running at 38psi. This feels good to me. I know there has been of discussion on this already but if anyone has any thoughts on this, I would appreciate it on hearing them.

Thanks to everyone for there feedback.

Regards

Gary

Hi

As a follow up to my purchase.

I had a set of Cooper Discoverer A/T 3 265/65R17 120 R fitted a couple of months back. Just come back from a 6500 mile trip round Norway and Sweden. Did 80% road, 20% dirt track, lots a of wet roads.

I bloomin love them. At no time did they fail me. Quiet on tarmac. Never felt unsure, always felt I had total control. I'm really glad I brought these.

G.

Hi

As a follow up to my purchase.

I had a set of Cooper Discoverer A/T 3 265/65R17 120 R fitted a couple of months back. Just come back from a 6500 mile trip round Norway and Sweden. Did 80% road, 20% dirt track, lots a of wet roads.

I bloomin love them. At no time did they fail me. Quiet on tarmac. Never felt unsure, always felt I had total control. I'm really glad I brought these.

G.

We all like a story with a happy ending! :thumbup:

I was afraid they'd run off with your money!

Balancing, tracking and other wheel alignment checks / adjustments are always worth the money IMO.

£600 can disappear in a very short time if you have alignment problems.

That's apart from the fact that with poor tracking adjustment, you're effectively skidding before you hit the brakes - in the wet with an 8 year old kid running across a zebra with no warning.

Worth every penny.

Back