Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Croatia

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
I will be going to Croatia again this August with World 4x4 Adventures ( http://www.world4x4.co.uk/ ) I've been there before in 2008, Robb Pritchard, the organiser, is a good bloke, we got on very well, and Croatia is a gorgeous country, beautiful views and you get to drive through a minefield! most of the tracks we covered before were not too severe, so could be good for less experienced off-roaders, I'm looking forward to doing it again

If you go to the World 4x4 link and look at 'Past Tours' look out for a red 80 series Cruiser with a Maggiolina roof tent, that's me, :D I haven't figured out how to put pictures on this site yet, I tried doing it from Picasa but it doesn't want to play, or more likely I'm doing it completely wrong! :oops:

Cossack said:
If you go to the World 4x4 link and look at 'Past Tours' look out for a red 80 series Cruiser with a Maggiolina roof tent, that's me, :D I haven't figured out how to put pictures on this site yet, I tried doing it from Picasa but it doesn't want to play, or more likely I'm doing it completely wrong! :oops:

Picasa does not play very nice if you just want to post a picture.

Right click on the photo, then properties, copy the address and then paste between without spaces.

Code:
 [ATTACH=full]38231[/ATTACH]lEMarrocosEmFevDe2010SinteseEmFotos#5440444060573066546"]http://picasaweb.google.com/barros.bapt ... 0573066546[/url] 

becomes 

[url="http://lh4.ggpht.com/_GgrdBJote7I/S4BXDGLXZTI/AAAAAAAAAD0/VNvhpc8EFpI/s1024/F001%20%285%29.JPG"]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_GgrdBJote7I/S4BXD ... 285%29.JPG[/url]

If I did not put the below in that box it would just show a photo

[code][ATTACH=full]38505[/ATTACH]

Hope that makes some sense :mrgreen:

Croatia does look very nice btw.

Attachments

• F001%20%285%29.JPG
    F001%20%285%29.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 26
  • F001%20%285%29.JPG
    F001%20%285%29.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 26
Looks good, do they have petrol in Croatia or is it all diesel? Need to start working out which countries have petrol and if any are diesel only!

Jon, I must admit I wasn't looking for petrol, but all the service stations look just like UK stations, lots of pumps, so I presume there was petrol.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have done the Croatia bit with Rob. in 2007. Very interesting country. Good off-roading. Nice coast and a good coast road, interesting as opposed to safe. We had a fair trek down, stopped in southern Germany the first night and Maribor the second. The second stop was just to stop us from arriving too early.

I just asked Mapsource for a route from Calais to Zegreb and when the steamed stopped coming out of the PC is says 952 miles each way. (£200 each way on fuel at UK prices)

£495 per truck for a ten day tour does seem good value to me, 25% off if you can get 6 or more to book at the same time and I like what I read on their website.

24seven,
Autoroute says 1010 miles from me in South London to Koritnice where I think is where the trip starts.
Clive,
How did you get on with Robb, and did you notice that his Croatian friends call him Robbie? I was told that in Croatian Robb means slave! I took it easy on the way there, 3 days (2 stops) on my own, I just stopped in motorway service stations where truckers were sleeping for the night and wound the roof tent up, but came back in a day and a half with Robb and me sharing the driving. A young chap I made friends with out there said about my roof tent "You told me you had a tent on your roof, you didn't tell me it was an apartment"

Slight hijack - saw your truck at the show yesterday - very impressive. Bet she's done you proud.

Cossak,

I get on fine with Robb. I was in Russia with him in the winter of 2004, and then Croatia. Robb can be too laid back for some people. When we did Croatia one or two of the campsites were not well recieved, One due to price and one due to it being shit. We really liked the first destination (Samobor). We also spent two nights in Senj as we did not want to go back to Fuzine, we thought it was rubbish. Samobor, Senj, Zadar and Rovinj were all good, as was anything coastal. Robb does know Croatia very well and has a good knowledge of the trails. We have toyed with the idea of going again, more to explore the villages and towns than for the off roading.

Hi Clive,
Yes Robb is a bit laid back, but that suited me fine, we spent a lot of time together as he was leading the trip in my Cruiser because he didn't have a vehicle of his own at that time.
Fuzine was inconvenient with the showers being at the hotel and not the campsite :cry: , but I enjoyed the campfire evenings. :mrgreen: I think the best site we were at was Zador.
Did you go to Hum and Motovan? I liked those, they were very old places and I like exploring old places. If you are thinking of going again the Summer Croatia 2 this August is not fully booked, in fact I think I am the only one so far, it'd be good to have another Cruiser there. :D
Chas

Cossak,

I would not go again on Croatia 2, we did that in 2007 as the first trip was cancelled. The country was far more crowded than on the first trip, (according to Robb) and Rovinj especially so. We did not go to Hum and Motovan (I think). From memory it was Samobor, Fuzine, Senj, Rovinj, Zadar, Pula, Pag and One campsite down towards Pula that I forget the place name of, (dump anyway). I went to the campsites but did not use them. The site on the coast just out of Senj was good, Zadar was good, Samobor was not a camp site but good economical accomodation to start off with.

Back