Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruise control....??

I left the airbag off while testing the CC worked. Connecting it again solved the issue

hi , I have a d4d 2002 kdj95 , without cruise control ! when I took air bag my steering wheen also dont have the suporting bracket. I ll get the stalk ( item number posted above ) but how to make that frame ? Anyone know if Incould just buy it ?

If you get a petrol CC switch it will have the bracket and work in a roundabout way. The one I ( and others) used won't fit the bracket of the petrol and has to be made to fit. I held mine in the right location and drilled a 6mm hole in the steering wheel frame and fastened it with a nut and bolt in about 5 mins.

Thanks for replay , I was going to get the stalk as per item number posted above ...
do you know the model number for the petrol version one ? will that be two or three wires ?

thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thats my steering wheel , with no bracket

6ABA1F01-DA97-4929-BE4E-93651A7ADFAC.jpeg

The petrol one has 3 wires, I took the one off my petrol one but couldn't get it to work, also the one off a 24V 80 series did't work either.
The D4D is out at the mo but I'll get a photo of how I fitted it some time today.

did you get a chance to take a photo ?
that clip what is there for to suport thr stuck ?

so sorry , so you just drilled the metal frame and added a bolt and a nut ?

what model number stalk did you use ?

BRILLIANT thread! Very interesting. Thanks for the info.
Geoff

OK so the clutch switch on a manual is Toyota part 88280 14030

It's used on everything they have made in the last 25 years by the looks of it. It appears as though the cable is already in the truck, so hope to get the parts during the week and replicate the fine work done by Danny
Hi Bob ... Hope you're not snowed in. Can I pick your brains ? I've got my d4d back and have fitted the cc as per Andy lomas, then found this thread. I've hit a snag ... Intermittent green light and sadly no response from the cc at all. The wiring mirrors the pics exactly. I noticed there's a clutch switch in the thread which I haven't looked at, do I need one ??
Cheers Rob

Yeah if it's a manual you need the clutch switch.. 5 minute job to fit. Just replaces the stopper bolt on the clutch pedal bracket. The connector for it is taped to the bulkhead up by the steering column. I'd imagine this causes the error you have

Perhaps @Crispin might add this to the Sticky on the 90 section?
Hello Bob ....can I pick your brains ..... again
I'm having a struggle finding the plug for the clutch switch, can you remember which loom it was attached to ? I have taken the lower part under the dash off and have removed the demister pipe so I have a clear view. I've cut the tape on the 2 plugs that were in range but they were both for multiple pins and there's only 2 pins in the switch. There doesn't appear to be any others, Can you give me any advice Bob.
Cheers Rob

image.jpg

Back