Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dash cameras

stumog

Country Flag
england
Has anyone found a good dash cam please.

I have one but find it goes into emergency far to easy. Been using a gopro but thats is wearing thin now.

Like the look of the garmin mini.

Any advise appreciated.

Stu

Have you turned the sensitivity down? If mine is up at high setting I only need sneeze and its gone into emergency mode!

I have no idea. Its in my wifes car and try not to drive that. Will look thanks for the idea

Using a Next base 512G Ultra from 2016 sucker cup just behind rear view mirror got GPS speed record and on impact saves the recording but have not used the impact setting night time recording is good and clear can't say if it has been updated with more features but would buy another one

Blackvue for us

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I used Viofo A119S since 2018. It has a GPS module that sticks to wind screen behind rear view mirror. It’s small n stays on one corner on windscreen.
I thought of Viofo A129 pro for Landcruiser.

The RAV4 has a NextBase 522GW. Does what it says on the tin. Controlled via smartphone so easy to configure and review...

I have a BlackVue 900X front and rear with a 400GB card. I've caught a few howlers with it! Not much use at night for plate reading but not many of them are.

It picks up the house wifi so I can look out from the car and check the location whilst I'm elsewhere, will tether to my mobile when driving so it can upload incidents live, will record continuously when parked, and will switch off at 11.5V so the battery won't run down which works out to be about ~4 days.

We have nextbase as well, but to be honest when we are out and about the GoPro is far far better quality of image.

I think our GoPro is a 4(?). And the nextbase is 500 something.

There is always the option of using the phone camera, is there is a charger cable attached.

Back