Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diesel tuners in the Manchester area.

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Hi Gents

Looking for any suggestions for someone to tune my injector pump in the Manchester area.
Everyone just seems to be banging on about chips and maps .... I've seen a guy called "Diesel Bob"
but he's an hour out of Manchester which is a bit out of the way for the friend who will take the car there.
Any suggestions ?

There's the diesel doctor round our way, not sure if hes related to diesel bob. Cant vouch for any of his work though, although i know a lot of people who have used him. There are a lot of hard working cruisers round here.

personally i cant see how any tuning can be done without at least a egt gauge and preferable a boost gauge too.

im still waiting very patiently for your sub tank install thread btw..

There's the diesel doctor round our way, not sure if hes related to diesel bob. Cant vouch for any of his work though, although i know a lot of people who have used him. There are a lot of hard working cruisers round here.

personally i cant see how any tuning can be done without at least a egt gauge and preferable a boost gauge too.

im still waiting very patiently for your sub tank install thread btw..

Thanks for the tip ill give them a call.
Ah honestly i have so many things gathered awaiting fitment its ridiculous
I've got a recon turbo with boost /controller guage, EGT and exhaust to go on and i have so little time i honestly need to find a retired perfectionist to install all the parts and goodies I've assembled.
If i have time to do it it means ive lost my job ...It's so frustrating !

An hour drive to someone who knows what they are doing is well worth the investment if I'm honest. I drive an hour and a quarter to my guy.
Regarding the fuel pump tweak. The local one to us I wouldn't have an opinion on as I've heard mixed reports.

Leave it at mine for a week, ill sort it!

Leave it at mine for a week, ill sort it!

I may take you up on that and send it down with a friend.
I'm on such a tight turnaround i land at Manchester after my holiday with the kids at noon , drive North hand them over to the ex, Drive or train to Manchester and then back on a plane at 9pm !! It's gonna be sat on my mate's drive for 2 weeks so ill see if he is up for a drive down.
Much appreciated :) But of course first I land at manchester drive north and have to drop in the new Turbo EGT and boost guage and fit the new exhaust and somehow attend my sisters wedding in 48 hours before i go on holiday :)
I love a deadline me !!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
An hour drive to someone who knows what they are doing is well worth the investment if I'm honest. I drive an hour and a quarter to my guy.
Regarding the fuel pump tweak. The local one to us I wouldn't have an opinion on as I've heard mixed reports.

Actually Karl you're the man to ask .... Have you got a crossover pipe from a non egr HD-FT.
Oh and how long do you think it'd take to swap a turbo out ?

Actually Karl you're the man to ask .... Have you got a crossover pipe from a non egr HD-FT.
Oh and how long do you think it'd take to swap a turbo out ?

Turbos not too bad a job mate as long as you don't have any bolts snap.
I'll pm you regarding the cross over pipe.

Yeah turbos not too bad. Got a set of new genuine gaskets in stock.

You should get a cross over for about £ 40.

There not over expensive new.

Back