Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Donnington show

The first 4x4 based show for me. Other than a new tow ball/pin hitch I wasn't after anything in particular but nice to put some faces to names on the forum. Some very interesting vehicles in the car park too!

I'm just wondering how Chas is getting on. I saw him parked up at Leicester Forrest services as I zoomed past.
Ps. The drive up was far more entertaining in convoy than the drive down.

Toot toot!

Chas is home safe anyway, I've just chatted to him on "conversations".

Yep, good to see the folks that I meet, and the timing for the convoy on the way up was well planned!!
Lots of Landrovers but Jeep have a big presence as well.

Had a scare on the way home, the fuel pump from secondary to main didn't work, just as I was trying to get as many miles out of a tank full.

Slowed down to a snails pace to make it to Thurrock services. Won't leave it so late next time to full up the main.

Need to figure out what the problem was now

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
For those that couldn't make it, a couple of the more unusual vehicles in the car park. Remember reading a test of the Pinzgauer in What Car magazine way back in the mid '70's.....

HumV.jpg HumV2.jpg Puch.jpg

Are those portal drives on the black one, and fully independent?

The tyres alone are boggling (can't see the size from the photos) :lol:

Toot toot!
I'd probably stopped for a comfort break. I didn't know a convoy had been arranged, I didn't notice a mentioned on this thread, I know I know you didn't want the indestructible 80 showing you up! OK, I'll remember that.

Last edited:
From what I could see looking underneath, the front prop had been removed on the HumV while the rear prop was clearly visible? Either that or it had some sort of power take off on the rear of the front diff. Didn't take much notice of the drive at either end other than they were definitely not solid axles. I always assumed that HumV's were permanent 4x4 but I'm not that clued up on the trans that these things run. The tyres looked like something from a small earth mover/loading shovel?

Umm... nice to see everyone, Chris, Chas, Mr lomas, Andy, Sam, Craig, Kb, Rosy, Roy and Towpac.

great to see you guys too, sorry we didn't get a chance to chat, got caught up trying to convince Andy to part company with an 80 for my rover buddy looking to join the light side. BTW thanks for all the advice Andy, Dave really appreciated the time you and KB took to talk cruiser with him.

Anyone get photos of the WestCoast 80? what a stunning restoration... not sure the missus would approve of loosing every seat bar the drivers though, not the most subtle way to eek out some alone time :smirk:

great to see you guys too, sorry we didn't get a chance to chat, got caught up trying to convince Andy to part company with an 80 for my rover buddy looking to join the light side. BTW thanks for all the advice Andy, Dave really appreciated the time you and KB took to talk cruiser with him.

Anyone get photos of the WestCoast 80? what a stunning restoration... not sure the missus would approve of loosing every seat bar the drivers though, not the most subtle way to eek out some alone time :smirk:

It was great to see everyone i knew and meet Dave, a top fella and if he gets a Cruiser could be a real asset to this forum. In fairness I'm glad I'm not hunting my first Cruiser as there's a stack of choice out there with an associated minefield attached to each one. When I first bought mine there was 2 choices, a 7+ year old 60 series or current model 80 series if you were looking full size.
nowadays, well..........................................

If I commissioned a restoration to the degree ( and associated cost) of that fabulous 80 I'd end up only needing one seat:lol:

Last edited:
little vid by someone for those that missed it. A certain someone makes an appearance a couple of minutes in.

Sorry, was he suggesting that some of those vehicles weren't modified? Well, that's outrageous.

Hmm, nice Cruiser and trailer ...

I thought I saw his disco in the car park as I was leaving. ( I've exhausted all the Landcruiser / unimog/ zil vids on yootoob)

Back