Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Double din satnav wanted

Be careful with Kenwood stuff Shayne - some bad reports out there from the Saab forum about stuff with satnav/bluetooth IIRC

It was only my familiarity with garmin that made Kenwood my preference Jonny but their reply means i can forget about kenwood systems altogether .

its not the end of the world Shayne. like ive said before just put it on a usb stick.

the Pioneer headunits get good reviews and if the alpine headunit hadnt of come up at the right time i probably would of gone for a pioneer.

I have a double din Pioneer AVIC-F930BT that needs a new home. I had it in my 80 until I bought a single din with a pop up screen as I wanted to mount my CB in the double din slot as well as a stereo. There's one on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251105959817?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT It has a USB socket on the rear, I had my iPod plugged in to it on an extension lead to the glove compartment.
I can't tell you anything about the maps as I always used my Garmin. You could google the model to find out more details about it. I'm not sure if I have the surround or not, I'll have a search in the garage tomorrow.
The eBay is used asking £429, I would like £200 or offers.

Stereo.jpg

Stereo label.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would love to say right now that'll do me Chas especially at the price but its late and i will have to find out if it can be used as a reverse screen . If it has European maps . And the new worry caused by Kenwoods reply to my question - will the SD slot be void as a music player if i need to update maps ???

Will do some research .

doing a quick read on the update maps process, you insert the micro sd card and then after the update is installed it tells you to eject the card. so looks good for you shayne.

Chas

If, and only if, Shayne doesn't want this, I'll probably have it as a precursor to getting another cruiser.

doing a quick read on the update maps process, you insert the micro sd card and then after the update is installed it tells you to eject the card. so looks good for you shayne.

That's the answer i couldn't find Joe cheers mate :thumbup:

Would you have bought it if European maps weren't included Chas ?

Think its yours Jonny

Got my answer on questions/answers near the bottom of the page here http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-avic-f930bt_p-27101.htm

Think i will just stick a garmin nuvi to my winscreen as i have always done .

You specifically asked them if you could use an SD card for music, I think their answer wasn't quite what you needed to hear, no you can't have maps and music on an SD card at the same time BUT I had my iPod plugged into the back for music so a memory stick or something similar could be used I'm sure, just not an SD card.

That's the answer i couldn't find Joe cheers mate :thumbup:

Would you have bought it if European maps weren't included Chas ?
I didn't buy it for the maps as I use my Garmin.

Yes i am just being fussy Chas its an awful trait of mine to decide what i want before looking to see if it actually exists . From all i have read what you have there will be absolutely spot of for almost anybody i reckon and at a very good price too .

I think with me being a neanderthal i might be happier with something like this http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-inch-one-din-car-stereo_60258001625.html and a trusty garmin on the windscreen . I was happy enough using the original tape deck and the only thing that annoyed me was the loose satnav cable .

Thanks for the offer by the way if i knew anything about the things i might have phoned you and said sold but i don't and i'm prejudice inasmuch as i am 100% convinced a new laptop will be half as good as my old one which is more than half the problem .

No worries Shayne.

Just thought I'd add some input here for you Shayne. I have a Pioneer double din unit. It's great for what I need, but one thing that gets to me is it's not very universal when it comes to installing things like a backup camera. You can't just buy a cheap universal reverse camera for it. You need the specific Pioneer one with the specific connection. The unit will only accept certain kinds. This is the same for the Bluetooth receiver and any other additional inputs. These things can be pricey... If I had known this before I would have opted out.

The good thing with the chinese ones/Android based ones, IMO is it's a pretty open source software and accepts a range of accessories.

Thats worth knowing beau. My chinese hu came with probable a £10 rear camera, which does work better than i thought and is more than useable. When the time comes i can just plug in a £60 sony camera with night vision no problem.

image.jpegThe rear camera which came with my Chinese one is amazing in the dark I just had to remove one of the number plate lights for the full effect as it thought it was daytime other wise

Back