Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Drivers Window problems

warrenpfo

Good morning all.

A few months back my drivers window stopped working. I took the drivers switch assembly apart and cleaned it, I have taken the window motor and assembly apart and cleaned and greased it all and i have put new rubbers in and she now goes down but up requires a bit of help otherwise it stops.

I noticed that two of the holes in the door are elongated and wondered how sensitive the window mechanism is to positioning?

Any thoughts welcome.

Warren, I have messed extensively with these. I don't think the alignment wiggle room is really a problem. The motor is fixed to the regulator in a fixed way and that the most important bit. It's where the pinion engages in the quadrant rack. But, what you can't always detect when you fiddle with the motors is the wear in the bush where the pinion sits. That should obviously spin perfectly on its spindle but more often that not, it doesn't. It can move around the axis so when you move the window the pinion sort of weather vanes around and actually semi jams on the rack. This is where the force of the motor gets lost. It's not always about the rubbers. I think that as the rubbers get hard, the load on the motor increases and the wear in the bush accelerates. I have had them to bits to see if I could make a repair kit but I've failed at every attempt.

Now, my neighbour breaks Suzukis and he has a mountain of window motors. They're Denso and to the eye look exactly the same as Cruiser ones. I'm going to get a couple off him and see if they'll either fit, whole or can be used to repair Cruiser ones. He has a never ending supply of them.

Another problem. I don't think the electric cable is thick enough. My window slow when other items are used at the same time.

Just to update. on loosening up the 2 bolts that hold the window to the mech and the two bolts that then allow you to wiggle the mech which then adjusts the forward and backwards lean/tilt of the window i am yet to have a problem.

It would seem that perhaps on doing the nuts up the window mech is put under strain creating friction and thus my problem.

Now to just work out which part of the mech needs a bit of a bend and i should be good.

Back