Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ECU Chipping?

thelostscott

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi all,

Contemplating getting a Tunit ECU for my 100 Series to give it some increased power & torque as well as hopefully increasing the MPG a touch :thumbup:

Has anyone installed one of these and would recommend them, or are there other products out there that deliver good results (i.e. Unichip)?

Cheers!

Nobody? Surely there must be at least a couple people on here that have this system installed :?:

Might be worth moving this thread to the 100 series section Admins?

Im sure there are people running it on the 120, haven't heard anything bad about Tunit...

Old friend of mine had a tunit box fitted 7 years ago to his 1998 100series
Went like stink but also smoked alot (black)
Done 200k in it so far ..
Not blown up yet

Thats all i can tell you

Fitted a tunit to my 2001 4.2 and the results were very good 10% or so better fuel economy or better performance, you couldn't have both!

Withn regard to smoking I kept mine on level 5 of 9, this minimised smoke under hard acceleration, I also stopped using supermarket fuel and this also helped.

I took my tunit off after 9 months as I had an electrical fault which was blamed on the tunit, it was actually a faulty connector to the fuel pump but i didnt bother putting it back on.

Ok, so it sounds like a goer to me. After the economy side in particular at the moment but will be handy to have the option to switch up the extra power if needed :D

I took my tunit off after 9 months as I had an electrical fault which was blamed on the tunit, it was actually a faulty connector to the fuel pump but i didnt bother putting it back on.

Chili, do you still have yours floating around and are willing to sell?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi guys, brand new here but seasoned veteran re land cruisers. I put a Tunit into our 06 amazon. 100k later it has never given a prob. Where I do find it good is top end poke and responsiveness. I don't know if it is worth the hassle of installing it as it has to hard wired in.

What about Chip from Steinbauer? Have any of you connet one from them?

This is mostly plug and play, but you will have to weld one wire into the plug at the throttle pedal. I think the wire in the plug is red, please correct me if I am wrong.

Some images of the plug in are good to see ;)

BO

I emailed Tunit to see if there was one for the v8s,but it's still in the development stage :( :(

Back