Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

[ELCO Digest] "MOT" for foreign registered vehicle

G

Guest

Guest
My apologies for attaching this request to an unrelated thread but dont know
how to start a new one!
I am having difficulty finding a mechanic/ garage that is prepared to do a
safety check on my cruiser .It is currently in Cambridge and I plan to drive
to the Med in two weeks.As it has been driven from Malaysia to UK since the
last inspection, I would be happier if someone could check the vehicle out.
As I am currently in NZ a friend has tried some garages who say they cant do
it without UK registration and insurance!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
john Falkiner
.
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 5:06 PM, List Server
<[Email address removed]>wrote:
> ************************************************************************
> To reply to any of the messages below, create a new message and address it
> to [Email address removed] and then copy across the subject line of the
> message you are replying to - this will help to maintain the context and
> threading. If you forget to do this you are less likely to receive a reply.
>
> ************************************************************************=======================================================================>
> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:16:43 +0100
> From: Roman <[Email address removed]>
> Subject: Re: [ELCO] [SPAM][SP] LCOOL : "1HD-FT Performance Adjustments"
> Reply-To: [Email address removed]
> ------=_Part_1654_26178949.1219915003337
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Content-Disposition: inline
>
> Tomaz,
>
> A quote from the linked article:
>
> "A word of caution however. With all this new-found torque at low boost,
> don't be tempted to lug it up long hills simply because it now can.
> Bearings
> don't like being hammered. "
>
> I guess it answers your question why Toyota adjustments are so
> conservative.
>
> Rgds,
> Roman (London, UK)
> '92 HDJ80 (auto)
>
>
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Tomaz Sustar <[Email address removed]
> >wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking of doing the fuel pump adjustments according to the
> > procedure described on:
> >
> > http://www.lcool.org/technical/80_series/1hdft_pump_adj.html
> >
> > I'm wandering if it is there any particular reason that the Toyota
> > adjustment is so conservative and of course if there are any "side
> > effects" of changing the factory settings as described in the LCOOL
> > article.
> >
> > Since my primary target is overhanding and not racing the most important
> > thing for me is of course reliability of the engine therefore I want to
> > be sure that I'm not getting into troubles as a consequence of this
> > adjustment (overloading pump, turbo etc...).
> >
> > Thank in advance for your help & best regards,
> > Tomaz
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 1996 HDJ80 (1HD-FT 24V, manual gearbox), OME Lift (6 cm), Safari
> > snorkel, Front runner long ranger tank (170L)
> > --
> > European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> > Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
> >
>
> ------=_Part_1654_26178949.1219915003337
> Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Content-Disposition: inline
>
> <div dir="ltr">Tomaz,

A quote from the linked
> article:

"A word of caution however. With all this new-found
> torque at
> low boost, don't be tempted to lug it up long hills simply
> because
> it now can. Bearings don't like being hammered.
> "

I guess it answers your question why Toyota
> adjustments are so conservative.
<br clear="all">Rgds,
Roman (London,
> UK)
'92 HDJ80 (auto)

>

<div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Tomaz
> Sustar <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:[Email address removed]">
> [Email address removed]</a>></span> wrote:
<blockquote
> class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);
> margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
> I'm thinking of doing the fuel pump adjustments according to the

> procedure described on:

>

> <a href="http://www.lcool.org/technical/80_series/1hdft_pump_adj.html"
> target="_blank">
> http://www.lcool.org/technical/80_series/1hdft_pump_adj.html</a>

>

> I'm wandering if it is there any particular reason that the Toyota

> adjustment is so conservative and of course if there are any "side

> effects" of changing the factory settings as described in the
> LCOOL

> article.

>

> Since my primary target is overhanding and not racing the most
> important

> thing for me is of course reliability of the engine therefore I want to

> be sure that I'm not getting into troubles as a consequence of this

> adjustment (overloading pump, turbo etc...).

>

> Thank in advance for your help & best regards,

>        Tomaz

>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------

> 1996 HDJ80 (1HD-FT 24V, manual gearbox), OME Lift (6 cm), Safari

> snorkel, Front runner long ranger tank (170L)

> <font color="#888888">--

> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List

> Further Info: target="_blank">http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/

> </font></blockquote></div>
</div>
>
> ------=_Part_1654_26178949.1219915003337--
> =======================================================================>
> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:07:14 +0100
> From: Roman <[Email address removed]>
> Subject: Re: [SPAM][SP] Re: [ELCO] [SPAM][SP] LCOOL : "1HD-FT Performance
> Adjustments"
> Reply-To: [Email address removed]
> ------=_Part_2049_18507586.1219921634709
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Content-Disposition: inline
>
> Tomaz,
>
> I haven't done any mods to the engine yet, so my contribution may be of
> little use to you as you clearly seek a positive proof. Probably, the best
> proof would be to take the engine apart, examine the condition of each
> vital
> component, then do the same again after running a modified engine for say
> 25
> thousand miles.
>
> I entirely agree that the engine is a system and changing one setting will
> affect another. But if your concern is how it performs on long trips with
> heavy loads, you should include in the equation also other drivetrain
> components: cluch, CV joints, gearbox, etc., always rememering that making
> one link stronger doesn't make the weakest link any better.
>
> Rgds,
> Roman (London, UK)
> '92 HDJ80 (auto)
>
>
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Tomaz Sustar <[Email address removed]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Roman,
> >
> > I saw that but this is in my opinion something you can control - right.
> > Have you done the adjustment on your lc80 ?
> >
> > The engine is a system and sometimes when you modify something on one
> > end it can result in problems on the other end when you wouldn't expect
> > it - at least until you dig into the manuals if you are not really an
> > expert. Therefore I would like to know what are the experiences of the
> > people who did the modification and of course opinion of people who
> > abandoned this idea.
> >
> > I tried the HDJ80 last week of the guy who did that adjustment and
> > acceleration was really better then on mine - so it is a temptation -
> > but my experience with engine modifications is that there is no "free
> > lunch" and I want to stay on the safe side after all.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tomaz
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 1996 HDJ80 (1HD-FT 24V, manual gearbox), OME Lift (6 cm), Safari
> > snorkel, Front runner long ranger tank (170L)
> > --
> > European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> > Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
> >
>
> ------=_Part_2049_18507586.1219921634709
> Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Content-Disposition: inline
>
> <div dir="ltr">Tomaz,

I haven't done any mods to the engine yet,
> so my contribution may be of little use to you as you clearly seek a
> positive proof. Probably, the best proof would be to take the engine apart,
> examine the condition of each vital component, then do the same again after
> running a modified engine for say 25 thousand miles.

>
I entirely agree that the engine is a system and changing one setting
> will affect another. But if your concern is how it performs on long trips
> with heavy loads, you should include in the equation also other drivetrain
> components: cluch, CV joints, gearbox, etc., always rememering that making
> one link stronger doesn't make the weakest link any better.

>
Rgds,
Roman (London, UK)
'92 HDJ80 (auto)

>

<div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Tomaz
> Sustar <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:[Email address removed]">
> [Email address removed]</a>></span> wrote:
<blockquote
> class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);
> margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
> Hi Roman,

>

> I saw that but this is in my opinion something you can control - right.

> Have you done the adjustment on your lc80 ?

>

> The engine is a system and sometimes when you modify something on one

> end it can result in problems on the other end when you wouldn't
> expect

> it - at least until you dig into the manuals if you are not really an

> expert. Therefore I would like to know what are the experiences of the

> people who did the modification and of course opinion of people who

> abandoned this idea.

>

> I tried the HDJ80 last week of the guy who did that adjustment and

> acceleration was really better then on mine - so it is a temptation -

> but my experience with engine modifications is that there is no
> "free

> lunch" and I want to stay on the safe side after all.

> <div><div></div><div class="Wj3C7c">

> Regards,

>        Tomaz

>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------

> 1996 HDJ80 (1HD-FT 24V, manual gearbox), OME Lift (6 cm), Safari

> snorkel, Front runner long ranger tank (170L)

> --

> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List

> Further Info: target="_blank">http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/

> </div></div></blockquote></div>
</div>
>
> ------=_Part_2049_18507586.1219921634709--
> =======================================================================>
> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:23:32 +0100
> From: "Clive Marks" <[Email address removed]>
> Subject: Re: [SPAM][SP] Re: [ELCO] [SPAM][SP] LCOOL : "1HD-FT Performance
> Adjustments"
> Reply-To: [Email address removed]
> ------=_Part_1070_26462563.1219922612796
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Content-Disposition: inline
>
> I did this adjustment to mine and did not notice much difference. I now
> have
> it running as standard. I am not too concerned about extra acceleration.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Clive Marks
> Home: +44 1293 514600
> Mobile: +44 7821 491897
> Crawley, West Sussex, UK.
>
> ------=_Part_1070_26462563.1219922612796
> Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Content-Disposition: inline
>
> <div dir="ltr">I did this adjustment to mine and did not notice much
> difference. I now have it running as standard. I am not too concerned about
> extra acceleration.


Regards,

Clive Marks
Home: +44 1293
> 514600

> Mobile: +44 7821 491897
Crawley, West Sussex, UK.

> </div>
>
> ------=_Part_1070_26462563.1219922612796--
> =======================================================================>
> From: "Ian Rubie" <[Email address removed]>
> Subject: Re: [ELCO] [SPAM][SP] LCOOL : "1HD-FT Performance Adjustments"
> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:54:00 +0100
> Reply-To: [Email address removed]
> I did the adjustments on mine about 3 years ago and they made a noticeable
> difference to off boost performance. As far as I am aware there have been
> no negatives.
>
> Ian
> 96 HDJ80
>
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Hi John
Julian, the operator of this mailing list might be happy to have a look. He
is however in the wrong part of the country unless he just happened to be
near Cambridge sometime soon.
Footloose 4x4 have a good reputation and are expedition Landcruiser
specialists based in Peterborough, only 30 miles away...
http://www.footloose4x4.com/
To post a new message to the list just send an email to
[Email address removed]
--
Paul Driver
Ilkley, West Yorkshire
[Email address removed]
07718 782828
 
G

Guest

Guest
Hi John,
Can you explain to me what you actually mean by a safety check=3F I have spoken to a Toyota specialist in Bedford and would like further details and will probably be able to help you but wants to understand what you really want. Most garages will interpret this request as an MOT and the controls on that are such that you would normally get the response you've had so far. If you want all the MOT type checks done - that's fine but they cannot issue a certificate on a overseas registered vehicle. It's the paper at the end that causes the problem. Let me know as Bedford isn't too far from Cambridge.
Regards,
Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
----- Original Message -----
From: John Falkiner
To: [Email address removed]
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: [ELCO] [ELCO Digest] =22MOT=22 for foreign registered vehicle
My apologies for attaching this request to an unrelated thread but dont know how to start a new one!
I am having difficulty finding a mechanic/ garage that is prepared to do a safety check on my cruiser .It is currently in Cambridge and I plan to drive to the Med in two weeks.As it has been driven from Malaysia to UK since the last inspection, I would be happier if someone could check the vehicle out.
As I am currently in NZ a friend has tried some garages who say they cant do it without UK registration and insurance!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
john Falkiner
.
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 5:06 PM, List Server <[Email address removed]> wrote:
************************************************************************
To reply to any of the messages below, create a new message and address it to [Email address removed] and then copy across the subject line of the message you are replying to - this will help to maintain the context and threading. If you forget to do this you are less likely to receive a reply.
************************************************************************=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:16:43 +0100
From: Roman <[Email address removed]>
Subject: Re: [ELCO] [SPAM][SP] LCOOL : =221HD-FT Performance Adjustments=22
Reply-To: [Email address removed]
------=3D=5FPart=5F1654=5F26178949.1219915003337
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3DISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
Tomaz,
A quote from the linked article:
=22A word of caution however. With all this new-found torque at low boost,
don't be tempted to lug it up long hills simply because it now can. Bearings
don't like being hammered. =22
I guess it answers your question why Toyota adjustments are so conservative.
Rgds,
Roman (London, UK)
'92 HDJ80 (auto)
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Tomaz Sustar <[Email address removed]>wrote:
> I'm thinking of doing the fuel pump adjustments according to the
> procedure described on:
>
> http://www.lcool.org/technical/80=5Fseries/1hdft=5Fpump=5Fadj.html
>
> I'm wandering if it is there any particular reason that the Toyota
> adjustment is so conservative and of course if there are any =22side
> effects=22 of changing the factory settings as described in the LCOOL
> article.
>
> Since my primary target is overhanding and not racing the most important
> thing for me is of course reliability of the engine therefore I want to
> be sure that I'm not getting into troubles as a consequence of this
> adjustment (overloading pump, turbo etc...).
>
> Thank in advance for your help & best regards,
> Tomaz
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 1996 HDJ80 (1HD-FT 24V, manual gearbox), OME Lift (6 cm), Safari
> snorkel, Front runner long ranger tank (170L)
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
>
------=3D=5FPart=5F1654=5F26178949.1219915003337
Content-Type: text/html; charset=3DISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
<div dir=3D=22ltr=22>Tomaz,

A quote from the linked article:

"A word of caution however. With all this new-found torque at
low boost, don't be tempted to lug it up long hills simply because
it now can. Bearings don't like being hammered.
"

I guess it answers your question why Toyota adjustments are so conservative.
<br clear=3D=22all=22>Rgds,
Roman (London, UK)
'92 HDJ80 (auto)



<div class=3D=22gmail=5Fquote=22>On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Tomaz Sustar <span dir=3D=22ltr=22><[Email address removed]></span> wrote:
<blockquote class=3D=22gmail=5Fquote=22 style=3D=22border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;=22>
I'm thinking of doing the fuel pump adjustments according to the

procedure described on:



http://www.lcool.org/technical/80=5Fseries/1hdft=5Fpump=5Fadj.html



I'm wandering if it is there any particular reason that the Toyota

adjustment is so conservative and of course if there are any "side

effects" of changing the factory settings as described in the LCOOL

article.



Since my primary target is overhanding and not racing the most important

thing for me is of course reliability of the engine therefore I want to

be sure that I'm not getting into troubles as a consequence of this

adjustment (overloading pump, turbo etc...).



Thank in advance for your help & best regards,

       Tomaz



--------------------------------------------------------------------

1996 HDJ80 (1HD-FT 24V, manual gearbox), OME Lift (6 cm), Safari

snorkel, Front runner long ranger tank (170L)

<font color=3D=22#888888=22>--

European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List

Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/

</font></blockquote></div>
</div>
------=3D=5FPart=5F1654=5F26178949.1219915003337--
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:07:14 +0100
From: Roman <[Email address removed]>
Subject: Re: [SPAM][SP] Re: [ELCO] [SPAM][SP] LCOOL : =221HD-FT Performance Adjustments=22
Reply-To: [Email address removed]
------=3D=5FPart=5F2049=5F18507586.1219921634709
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3DISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
Tomaz,
I haven't done any mods to the engine yet, so my contribution may be of
little use to you as you clearly seek a positive proof. Probably, the best
proof would be to take the engine apart, examine the condition of each vital
component, then do the same again after running a modified engine for say 25
thousand miles.
I entirely agree that the engine is a system and changing one setting will
affect another. But if your concern is how it performs on long trips with
heavy loads, you should include in the equation also other drivetrain
components: cluch, CV joints, gearbox, etc., always rememering that making
one link stronger doesn't make the weakest link any better.
Rgds,
Roman (London, UK)
'92 HDJ80 (auto)
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Tomaz Sustar <[Email address removed]>wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> I saw that but this is in my opinion something you can control - right.
> Have you done the adjustment on your lc80 =3F
>
> The engine is a system and sometimes when you modify something on one
> end it can result in problems on the other end when you wouldn't expect
> it - at least until you dig into the manuals if you are not really an
> expert. Therefore I would like to know what are the experiences of the
> people who did the modification and of course opinion of people who
> abandoned this idea.
>
> I tried the HDJ80 last week of the guy who did that adjustment and
> acceleration was really better then on mine - so it is a temptation -
> but my experience with engine modifications is that there is no =22free
> lunch=22 and I want to stay on the safe side after all.
>
> Regards,
> Tomaz
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 1996 HDJ80 (1HD-FT 24V, manual gearbox), OME Lift (6 cm), Safari
> snorkel, Front runner long ranger tank (170L)
> --
> European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
> Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
>
------=3D=5FPart=5F2049=5F18507586.1219921634709
Content-Type: text/html; charset=3DISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
<div dir=3D=22ltr=22>Tomaz,

I haven't done any mods to the engine yet, so my contribution may be of little use to you as you clearly seek a positive proof. Probably, the best proof would be to take the engine apart, examine the condition of each vital component, then do the same again after running a modified engine for say 25 thousand miles.


I entirely agree that the engine is a system and changing one setting will affect another. But if your concern is how it performs on long trips with heavy loads, you should include in the equation also other drivetrain components: cluch, CV joints, gearbox, etc., always rememering that making one link stronger doesn't make the weakest link any better.


Rgds,
Roman (London, UK)
'92 HDJ80 (auto)



<div class=3D=22gmail=5Fquote=22>On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Tomaz Sustar <span dir=3D=22ltr=22><[Email address removed]></span> wrote:
<blockquote class=3D=22gmail=5Fquote=22 style=3D=22border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;=22>
Hi Roman,



I saw that but this is in my opinion something you can control - right.

Have you done the adjustment on your lc80 =3F



The engine is a system and sometimes when you modify something on one

end it can result in problems on the other end when you wouldn't expect

it - at least until you dig into the manuals if you are not really an

expert. Therefore I would like to know what are the experiences of the

people who did the modification and of course opinion of people who

abandoned this idea.



I tried the HDJ80 last week of the guy who did that adjustment and

acceleration was really better then on mine - so it is a temptation -

but my experience with engine modifications is that there is no "free

lunch" and I want to stay on the safe side after all.

<div><div></div><div class=3D=22Wj3C7c=22>

Regards,

       Tomaz



--------------------------------------------------------------------

1996 HDJ80 (1HD-FT 24V, manual gearbox), OME Lift (6 cm), Safari

snorkel, Front runner long ranger tank (170L)

--

European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List

Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/

</div></div></blockquote></div>
</div>
------=3D=5FPart=5F2049=5F18507586.1219921634709--
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:23:32 +0100
From: =22Clive Marks=22 <[Email address removed]>
Subject: Re: [SPAM][SP] Re: [ELCO] [SPAM][SP] LCOOL : =221HD-FT Performance Adjustments=22
Reply-To: [Email address removed]
------=3D=5FPart=5F1070=5F26462563.1219922612796
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3DISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
I did this adjustment to mine and did not notice much difference. I now have
it running as standard. I am not too concerned about extra acceleration.
Regards,
Clive Marks
Home: +44 1293 514600
Mobile: +44 7821 491897
Crawley, West Sussex, UK.
------=3D=5FPart=5F1070=5F26462563.1219922612796
Content-Type: text/html; charset=3DISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
<div dir=3D=22ltr=22>I did this adjustment to mine and did not notice much difference. I now have it running as standard. I am not too concerned about extra acceleration.


Regards,

Clive Marks
Home: +44 1293 514600

Mobile: +44 7821 491897
Crawley, West Sussex, UK.

</div>
------=3D=5FPart=5F1070=5F26462563.1219922612796--
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
From: =22Ian Rubie=22 <[Email address removed]>
Subject: Re: [ELCO] [SPAM][SP] LCOOL : =221HD-FT Performance Adjustments=22
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:54:00 +0100
Reply-To: [Email address removed]
I did the adjustments on mine about 3 years ago and they made a noticeable
difference to off boost performance. As far as I am aware there have been
no negatives.
Ian
96 HDJ80
--
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for home users.
SPAMfighter has removed 162 spam emails to date.
Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len
 
G

Guest

Guest
Might help to ask for a pre MOT test or an MOT without the paperwork, also a
garage that does some repair work on 4x4's rather than just an MOT "shop",
as other replies have suggested.
I bet the drive from Malaysia to the UK was interesting, are you planning on
the reverse journey, carrying on around or stopping in the med?
Malcolm
Stafford (UK)
FJ45 '75 & FJ45 '76
From: [Email address removed] [mailto:[Email address removed]] On
Behalf Of John Falkiner
Sent: 06 September 2008 09:08
To: [Email address removed]
Subject: Re: [ELCO] [ELCO Digest] "MOT" for foreign registered vehicle
My apologies for attaching this request to an unrelated thread but dont know
how to start a new one!
I am having difficulty finding a mechanic/ garage that is prepared to do a
safety check on my cruiser .It is currently in Cambridge and I plan to drive
to the Med in two weeks.As it has been driven from Malaysia to UK since the
last inspection, I would be happier if someone could check the vehicle out.
As I am currently in NZ a friend has tried some garages who say they cant do
it without UK registration and insurance!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
john Falkiner
 
Top