Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electrickery 101 course

@Andycruiserguy,

Have now added you to the list too.

Apologies guys but I'm going to have pull out of this session - something has come up for the 17th which I can't avoid. :icon-cry:

I was really looking forward to this - but I always knew at the back of my mind that something would crop up - it always seems to when I make a "plan" ! :violin:

What is the final list for this little event and plan for the day just so i know.

I also wanted to ask if anyone going is going to be passing 49 Bryant way, Toddington ,LU5 6EY, Bedfordshire and could pick up one tyre for me otherwise i need to make a detour first thing in the morning.

I can bring 2 12v batteries if it will help

Last edited:
I'd b up for it :) I can use a meter (sort of) and played with car leccies for years. But it would be great to learn from somebody who knows their stuff!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What is the final list for this little event and plan for the day just so i know.

I also wanted to ask if anyone going is going to be passing 49 Bryant way, Toddington ,LU5 6EY, Bedfordshire and could pick up one tyre for me otherwise i need to make a detour first thing in the morning.

I can bring 2 12v batteries if it will help

List of attendees is on the first post.

Yep bring a couple of batteries Warren, may be useful.

Wot hoh chaps, looks like I'm going to be good for the weekend (despite it being our anniversary weekend!!!) & have a couple of batteries I can fetch along too.

Oiley seems to have developed a battery drain recently & I don't know whether this could be used as part of a fault finding session... I'm hopeful that a new battery will help prolong the drain period & having managed to establish which battery does what today with the PO, its proved how desperately I need this event :oops:

Va bene :icon-cool:

10.30ish start.

Bacon Rolls and Coffee/Tea

Teachers teach... learners listen
Cris going to do lots of drawings

Lunch... Boerie rolls /soup..coffee Teas

SWAMBO even baking cakes for you rabble!

Finishes whenever.

Really looking forward to it Olazz. :icon-biggrin:

Even more so now you've mentioned cakes! :lol:

Mmm, sounds great :) Gonna be an early start if I'm picking sai Ben up on the way through... Maybe JW too... Will coordinate with you cats tomorrow ;-)

Do you have an LPG outlet nearby by any chance Olazz??

Cheers

LPG, wots that then?

I think the nearest is about 8 miles away Luton airport Shell

I knew work was going to bollock this up for me... :icon-cry:

Will be heading north instead of south - have fun chaps...

Hmm I'd love to join the course - any chance of an 11th hour change of venue? I can promise temperatures of around 30 deg C, lots of sunshine, ice cold beer, swimming pool for those suffering from the heat and even a few rough tracks to play on:happy-sunny:...

You don't even need a visa with a UK passport:lol:

Enjoy, guys - I'm sorry to be missing the course!

Hey Prince,

Nice offer but I'm sure we'd all rather toil in the cold, wind and rain of this sceptred Isle!

All packed,

2 x tyres for Chas to take back for Karl
1 x Bumper packed for Jon to take back for Frank
1 x Alloy packed so I can swing by Toddington and pick up my spare and have it fitted to its alloy prior to arriving at Olazz's house unless anyone has tyre levers and fancies having a go on the day??

Spare battery packed to use for the elec day along with jumper leads, national luna battery split charger setup, inverter along with multi meter and aux fuse box.

Im going to get all the info I can out of this day.

I am also going to bring my external hard drive with over a years worth of SA4x4, drive out, wheels and getaway magazines if anyone wants to help me back them up and keep a copy for me:icon-wink::icon-wink:

Enjoy the day lads. I'd like to have come for a sausage sarnie, but I have other stuff on and need to do some prep here.

Hope it stays fine for you all.

Chris

Shameless hijack

If someone who is coming to tomorrow requires winch related stuff :whistle:

/Shameless hijack

You y'all in the morning.

Right,

Think I'm all set for tomorrow. Got the bacon rolls sorted, boerie sorted, Teas/coffees food and cakes!
Beers in the fridge and a babycham for me!

Hope the rain holds off.

See you all tomorrow.

Back