Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

End of an era

Scott

The end of an era, my 80 has moved on to another lucky owner, a house purchase and lack of trips on the horizon meant that she wouldn't be getting used for what she does best and would have ended up just standing on the drive. So now she has gone to be someone else's pride and joy, I'm sure she'll soon be part of the family, as she a great example of an 80 series. Keep an eye out for her on here, she was last seen with the new owner grinning from ear to ear, shouting out of the window about how nice she drives!

That leaves me with the fully kitted out FZJ105 in Oz and my Land Rover Discovery 300tdi. The Discovery will cover all my 4x4 needs over here, and resume trip duty when required. The 105, well my vote is to sell her in Oz, Steph's vote is to ship her back. Huuuummmm.........

Might not be at a Lincomb meet for a while, won't have a Land Cruiser to attend with. :cry:

As a Cruiser owner still I'm sure you will still be welcome at Lincomb with open arms, just leave the Lawn Rover at the farm gate :lol:.
Congratulations on the sale Scott, good luck with the house hunting.

Andy

Shame !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know the feeling exactly Scott, i had to let mine go to pastures new a while back, can't explain that feeling as i watched someone else drive MY cruiser down the road & out of sight, it has gone to a forum member though, hope it's still all good

Shame Scott, I'd be gutted.

Chin up and you'd be welcome here anytime, even in a lawn roller!:lol:

Last edited:
You sold one of the best 4wd's ever built, the mighty LandCruiser and kept one of the worst 4wd's ever built, a landrover! Should have been the other way around! :crazy:

Good luck with the new house. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's a sad day Scott.
sad-012.gif

Yeah, but look on the bright side. It drove bloody brilliant all the way back to MY HOUSE!!!

Like a new one, Scott. Like a new one. Only issue was that I pressed the CDL button by mistake (instead of the rear demist) and I couldn't shake the locker until I pulled off at Duxford and found some rough ground.

Many thanks

Yeah, but look on the bright side. It drove bloody brilliant all the way back to MY HOUSE!!!

Like a new one, Scott. Like a new one. Only issue was that I pressed the CDL button by mistake (instead of the rear demist) and I couldn't shake the locker until I pulled off at Duxford and found some rough ground.

Many thanks
Glad your pleased with her, she is a lovely cruiser. Happy she has gone to a good home. Enjoy.

Its going to take a bit of getting used to there being a Land Cruiser size space in the workshop, but there will be another Land Cruiser in the household at some point. The way I'm looking at it is that she was a joy to own and use, but her sale just means I can buy another Cruiser in the future.

Cheers for all the comments guys.

Chris,

If you press the CDL switch over a certain speed, you cant disengage until you stop I believe,
I did a similar thing once on a motorway & thought something was wrong until I looked it up in the handbook I think it was

Scott,
U must be potty selling the LC & keeping the L............r, are you sure you didn't get muddled up in your original post!!!
Your LC was / is a beauty.
This may help

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/treatmentswellbeing/faqshowtogethelp.aspx

Andy

Hi Andy, no it doesn't function like that. It should engage and disengage regardless. This is the errrm..4th I've had now and they all work nice and slick. I am guessing it's not had much use being drive carefully like it was.

It'll free up.

Sorry to hear Scott. That's tough. :(

Listen to Steph. Ship the 105. That's rare advice, that is. :)

Hopefully we'll still see you at Lincomb.

Chris, is this part of some evil plan to buy up all the LC's in the land?

Sorry to hear that Scott - though as you say, I'm sure you'll have another in the (not so distant) future. They're addictive. :thumbup:

Chris - are you and Andy in competition now? Between the two of you, you'll have created the South Yorks Triangle, where any half decent LC never escapes! :icon-biggrin:

No we're not. Well, actually now that you mention it. Shares in the Laughton Land Cruiser Center have risen slightly overnight.

I do only have 2 though, hardly an empire.

Whats happened to your off roader then Chris? :think:

It's a shame Scott, that's one nice 80 but at least it's gone to a good home.

Ben that's a really good question
Thought my drive had an extra space on it
Then suddenly it didn't

Back