Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine rebuild

Nice one paul. Always a good feeling when it actually starts and runs :clap:
karl

Hi Paul

Well done mate :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I will expect it in my yard for inspection soon

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Well done Paul. That first start is always a worrying time and then the most fantastic feeling - few things can beat it.

nice one! Must have been a nice sound when it came to life.....

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yes that first time was a very tense moment, even though the air temp was -8c, I was physically sweating as she was turning over.

Once she fired up it was such a relief :)

I have never heard an 80 sound so smooth and quiet
bounce.gif

Before I take her out, I need to spray a couple of cans of ACF50 over the chassis and under body to stop the salt attacking her.

Attachments

• bounce.gif
    bounce.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 98
How much to rebuild me a engine now your a star engine man :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just a quick update.

8 months and 4,000 miles later and she is still running like a swiss watch :thumbup:

Ran her for 500 miles on running in oil and then changed for Morris's Multivis. She doesn't use a drop of oil, I've put this down to honing the bores, fitting new rings and the liberal use of Graphogen assembly compound in the bores (and everywhere else) during the rebuild.

Oh and the water is crystal clear Red now... none of that oily gunk that was always in the header tank :thumbup:

I still want to source a 3 core rad before we next venture into Morocco though.

Time for another oil change now.

Hi

I must have been asleep for a few weeks and missed all the action!! Well done. I've rebuilt many large 6 cylinder DB5/DB6 engines but they are very simple compared with what you've done.

Frank

Bat21, Don't suppose for one moment you had one spare piston left over? :cool:

scalci said:
Paul great post and read.

I will be doing this soon to mine...
Thanks scalci.

Give me a shout if you're not sure about anything :thumbup:

That'd be great if you could just run through it one more time. Perhaps on my engine :dance:

Chris

Chris said:
That'd be great if you could just run through it one more time. Perhaps on my engine :dance:

Chris
If you were a bit nearer I'd be more than happy to Chris :thumbup:

Aww, I know mate. I know.

Having just taken one completely to bits, putting it back together would scare the bjeesus out of me. I'd love to, but there is this thing call total fear preventing me.

C

I have overhauled many engine, they all scary me. That warranty, is a scary thing………….. :thumbdown: .

I think it is Paul said, anyone can do it.

I am quite mechanical minded and work on my LC since I got it, many years back.

I think I will rather do it myself and know what I have done, replaced etc.

The warranty is then with my self :)

The only problem I have I drive my Lc every day, that will be my only issue and time.

Chris said:
Aww, I know mate. I know.

Having just taken one completely to bits, putting it back together would scare the bjeesus out of me. I'd love to, but there is this thing call total fear preventing me.

C
It's easy....... you're half way there, just do the taking apart bit in reverse :thumbup: :D

Back