Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Enough is enough

Dark Dude

I'm starting to get really pissed off with some of the crazies around East London trying to play chicken with me and my LC100. My truck is pretty standard fare and it seems to attract idiots who think that they are bigger and badder even when they are the ones driving a Kia. This never happened with my Range Rover Classic which was fitted with a sturdy custom made A bar, 2" lift and All terrain boots. People just got out of the way. Now I'm beginning to get the message. Maybe it's time I get smart and make with the prevention is better than head on smash. I'm now thinking at the very least I should fit a TJM T3 front bumper and a set of All Terrains all round, just to keep the peace and the arseholes off my back. What say you all?

John

armoured_land_cruiser_bumper_sticker-p128066345526316847en7pq_210.jpg

Hi John,

So your looking for some "bumper and grill" protection ? :lol:

Then the slippy slope begins, , , , , ,
Big boots,
Oh hang on, 50mm lift first, then bigger boots.
Why not throw a snorkel on while your' at it.
Really make it look bad and mean :thumbup:

Gra.

I think you will find it does not work.
The roads are full with idiots who are either to stupid to realise it will hurt or do not care it will hurt!
My last 100 had ARB bumpers front and rear. Did not stop idiots driving at you in non existant gaps, or crashing into the bar to stop themselves!
Did not even worry them if the 18 foot trailer was behind which was wider than the car!

Better to save you pennies and avoid the fools!

My present one is standard apart from LPG conversion, 4 wks after getting it some old fool down my road back out of the turning bay into it whilst I sat in it sounding the horn as he approached! Claims he did not see it! How damn stupid is that!

Just treat all other road users as idiots and avoid them where possible, the bumpers do not work with them!
:thumbdown:

Agree with you Chugga90.

Lil'Blue has the bumpers, sliders etc etc including dented body and do you think this stops the idiots from cutting me up, pulling out in font of me.... not a dam.

As you say, best trying to avoid the idiots

Chugga and Tony

Then the question has to be asked, why did it work with my "C" reg ex-West Mid Police Three Door Rang Rover Classic? Hand on heart, no lie.....People would just stop dead in their tracks. Game over! Look! I don't want to go over the top and do a JW ( I couldn't afford it anyway ) but I also don't like the status quo. I've got to do something, even if in the end it doesn't work. Chugga are you still in North London? Increasingly I feel like I've come to a gun fight with a pair of boxing gloves. Very honourable indeed but I'm the one who's going end up full of lead.

John

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Graham said:
Hi John,

So your looking for some "bumper and grill" protection ? :lol:

Then the slippy slope begins, , , , , ,
Big boots,
Oh hang on, 50mm lift first, then bigger boots.
Why not throw a snorkel on while your' at it.
Really make it look bad and mean :thumbup:

Gra.

Graham

I know what you mean. I've just come off the Slee Offroad website (thanks again JW) and my mouth is still watering but unless I win the lottery bigtime, I won't be ordering anything from there anytime soon.

John

I think I mentioned it elsewhere but I really noticed a different attitude from other drivers to my 'new' 80 compared to the 100 I had, not that I had too much trouble in the 100 but they must be too smart or something because people stay well out of the way of the 80 even though it's very standard looking. It's irritating sometimes because I'm getting people stopping in the middle of the road like rabbits caught in the headlights on a blind brow of a hill by us where there's always cars parked down one side of the road, all they need to do is move over!

Jon Wildsmith said:
I think I mentioned it elsewhere but I really noticed a different attitude from other drivers to my 'new' 80 compared to the 100 I had, not that I had too much trouble in the 100 but they must be too smart or something because people stay well out of the way of the 80 even though it's very standard looking. It's irritating sometimes because I'm getting people stopping in the middle of the road like rabbits caught in the headlights on a blind brow of a hill by us where there's always cars parked down one side of the road, all they need to do is move over!

It must be your driving style Jon ;)

Dark Dude said:
Chugga and Tony

Then the question has to be asked, why did it work with my "C" reg ex-West Mid Police Three Door Rang Rover Classic? Hand on heart, no lie.....People would just stop dead in their tracks. Game over! Look! I don't want to go over the top and do a JW ( I couldn't afford it anyway ) but I also don't like the status quo. I've got to do something, even if in the end it doesn't work. Chugga are you still in North London? Increasingly I feel like I've come to a gun fight with a pair of boxing gloves. Very honourable indeed but I'm the one who's going end up full of lead.

John

I actually think it is a sign of the times. The last two or three years people are more rushed, in a hurry to get under the wheels of my car etc. What annoys me more is on a single track, the approaching car passes a pull in space and tries to make you climb the bank to get out of their way! :naughty: When they have done this they then cannot reverse for toffees and climb the hedge one side then the other, that does make up for it then!
I live and work in Buckinghamshire mostly. London driving is not good for my nerves these day! :o

Jon Wildsmith said:

Jon

Very interesting. Could it be something to do with the perceived age/vintage of the cars? All I know is that your (ex) LC100 battle tank is the only thing that will cut it on the means streets of North East London. Anyway I think (in the long term) it would be money well spent. I have plans of turning my truck into a promotional vehicle. You see them all the time in London and when eventually I get back on my feet, I will need all the marketing tools I can get my hands on.......

John

I almost got arrested in South London when some 20yo idiot in a Porsche Cayenne tried to get past me in a face off where there clearly was not enough room, and then drove into the side of my car while I was trying to pull onto the curb. A plain clothes cop arrived just as I grabbed him to have a chat, and then the cop had a go at me! There are some parts of London I refuse to go to now because my blood pressure can't take it.

I had the same trouble in my 80 for a while, when it was 'standard'. Then I got lucky when one of the ejits got too close and swiped my front bumper and crappy chrome bar clean off the front. He flew accross a cross roads in front of me without giving way to my prority. Took the side of his car off front to back and I got a 900 EURO new ARB front winch bumper off his insurance - gratis :dance: .

Maybe you'll 'strike' it lucky soon :whistle:

My current favourite are the idiots who race into traffic circles assuming right of way - if I'm entering and they're 150m away, going 60mph doesn't get you right of way over me :twisted:

My next favourite are the fools who overtake a bus when it pulls in to a bus stop - right over the central line, straight into oncoming traffic. I now refuse to pull over to the left into the parked cars to let them through - let's see who wins that one :lol: Had one person almost drive into the bus so far!

Fools ....

It's pretty conclusive then, there are idiots everywhere and not just in Tottenham. I think the real problem is that most of the muppets on the road, drive without insurance. When they have a "accident", they just make like Usain Bolt and jack their next free ride at the earliest opportunity. :cry:

John

The 100 is a little larger and "posher" than an 80 so more defensive driving is needed in the former.

Hope we don't meet on the blind brow Jon.

Frank

Frank

When I worked as a home delivery driver for Somerfield I had attend a defensive driving course as well as have my driving audited annually. I have to admit that the overall standard of driving (manners) has grown better amongst many of the drivers in Tottenham recently, leaving a hardcore minority of dickheads to cause trouble on the local highways and byways and I do mean trouble.

Yesterday I had to take my wife to Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield and the standard of driving just outside the hospital's gates had to be seen to be believed. Just because you've got a top of the range motor DOES NOT entitled you to be a.............!!!!!!!!!

BTW: Came across a very nice Pearl White "jacked up" 80 via a detour on my way home back to Totenham. I should have stopped and left a calling card.

PS: Ryan, I now know where you live. You should be very, very worried.......

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8742

John

Uh oh....

You should have called in. I always have few cold ones in the fridge. Could have shown you the 40" LED light bar I've managed to get my hands on...

Ryan Thomson said:
Uh oh....

You should have called in. I always have few cold ones in the fridge. Could have shown you the 40" LED light bar I've managed to get my hands on...

Very tasty!

If my wife is still alive, we should be back there (Chase Farm Hospital) next Wednesday so yeah, put the kettle on........

John

Dark Dude said:
[quote="Ryan Thomson":204yk795]

If my wife is still alive, :o

John
[/quote:204yk795]

If my wife is still alive, :o

Whats up John?

Gra.

Back