Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Exhaust.

Me too!

Susceptible to rattle maybe, is that a rubber surround to the hole in the bumper Chas? It looks a nice close fit. :icon-biggrin:

Does rattle on occasions but not often. That surround is chequer plate (now I won't be thrown off the forum will I?) but it was bought from a LR parts & accessories stand at a 4x4 show. :oops:

Mine rattles now and again on the slider anyway so would be nothing new. Usually under enthusiastic acceleration.

Well truck getting dropped off at 8:30 in the morning for the stainless system (about time as I've damaged the back box!) I've got some ideas where I want to route it depending on silencers needed. Pics to follow hopefully tomorrow eve :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Sod the pics, we want SOUND fella!

Well you'll have to wait for sounds, I'll get the wife to film me driving like a hooligan lol. Otherwise I'll be at donington next weekend.
Has a nice deep tone but not loud or intrusive, sounds normal when cruising which is what I wanted. Only 1 silencer and the pipe has been tucked up closer to the chassis within the lines of the gaurd I made for the cat converters.
Have a feeling mpg will suffer while it's new lol.

Underside
20140210_153547.jpg

20140210_153615.jpg

20140210_153455.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers.
I'm really happy with it. Even better the missus approves lol. She used the 80 for the school run today and said she couldn't resist window down and a heavy right foot!! Her new car can't come soon enough so she stops using mine!

Like that Gary, the rolled end of the pipe is a nice finish too! I love the sound they make, I can hear it already without you posting :lol:

Like that Gary, the rolled end of the pipe is a nice finish too! I love the sound they make, I can hear it already without you posting :lol:

I let them decide on tail pipe as long as 2.5" and they've done well.
Will get some better pics underneath at work on Saturday and get a video sorted.
The wife said got a few looks when pulled up at school and gave it a few revs, they thought it was me dropping the little un off :icon-twisted:

I'm with Clive, does look smart with the rolled tip. Very tidy indeed:icon-cool:. I bet that sounds good too.
Cheers, Mark

Cost £350 including vat. Even got it to sound how I wanted from a vague description lol.

Soon as figure out how to get the vids off my phone I'll get posted. YouTube keeps saying not allowed and won't upload them :angry-screaming:

Don't do it justice at all though but were in the workshop as raining. Can't hear the rumble at idle either

Right let's see if it works...
In workshop so a bit more noise then it actually makes and can't really hear rumble at idle but I reckon a Gallon of 99octane for these vids :lol:

th_20140215_080916.jpg

th_20140215_175959.jpg

And a quick blast down the workshop (ran out of space fairly quickly)

th_20140215_180334.jpg

And just because the x5 looked a little intimidated by the 80 sat next to it lol

20140215_122732.jpg

As much as seems loud can hardly hear it when driving with the window up. Fair bit of noise is with it being indoors.

Nice one, thanks for all the effort Gary. Sounds great and not too "boomy"

As much as seems loud can hardly hear it when driving with the window up. Fair bit of noise is with it being indoors.

Sweet sounds Gary, very nice indeed. A big difference in sound between the petrol and diesel, maybe I'll try to get a vid of mine up. I have some, but taken inside the truck...

Last edited:
Back