Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

finally found out how deep these can wade

smokyjoe

Went out for a days greenlaneing and all was fine untill the last ford, managed to get through the ford and back to test its depth and all was fine, after some standing around and chatting we all decided to carry on however this happened.
who would have guessed that two tons would float :D
2i9qve1.jpg

OMG :shock:

It's a good job you have a Safari Snorkel :)

[youtube:r7opanl5]CBODxhsPgPg[/youtube:r7opanl5]

Nice one? Blimey, NOT nice one! :shock: :shock: Are you sure it was a ford? Hope everything's ok there. How's the vehicle - just damp inside would be best case.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wow SJ. Really glad you are OK. Great that they found it so funny! It can get pretty serious when that happen, get it sideways and they can go over. I remember seeing the memorial at Strata this year where a 4x4 went over in the river and one of them drowned.

Now, if you'd been in a LR the water would have poured in so fast that this wouldn't have happened. Pretty deep, eh?

C

Chris said:
Wow SJ. Really glad you are OK. Great that they found it so funny! It can get pretty serious when that happen, get it sideways and they can go over. Now, if you'd been in a LR the water would have poured in so fast that this wouldn't have happened. Pretty deep, eh?

C

Yeh we all had a gid laugh about it me more so when it started again :thumbup: she wouldnt have turned over i think as the back wheels where well up in the air, about half way through you can see the bright red light on passenger side (reverse light), thats the point i realised she was a floater and was in reverse,
i am acctually amazed at just how long it took to fill up and sink to the bottom, mabe i should cut holes in the floor for next time ;)

great pic! :thumbup:

the advice in all the 4x4 books is that if the vehicle starts floating open the doors, let the car fill with water and you should then have regained traction. thats what they used to do on the camel trophy. :cool:

I think that is about as deep as you would want to go........great pic and it goes to show how good these trucks are, you winch it to the bank start it up and drive it home........ :clap: :clap: amazing.

The only down side......that is going to take some drying out.

Steve

:think:
smokyjoe said:
Went out for a days greenlaneing and all was fine untill the last ford, managed to get through the ford and back to test its depth and all was fine, after some standing around and chatting we all decided to carry on however this happened.who would have guessed that two tons would float :D
2i9qve1.jpg
Who's that fella doing an impression of Jesus?

if you put a de-humidifier in the truck and close all the doors & windows it would be completely dry in a day or 2. :thumbup:

:shock: I would have been very glum at that point... Good to see you got it out and started

ben said:
if you put a de-humidifier in the truck and close all the doors & windows it would be completely dry in a day or 2. :thumbup:
Did that with mine and it took a week or two :o

Back