Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally I have an 80 series!!!!!!!!

Fett let us have a spec the link does not show the vehicle any more, it just states bidding has ended.

Hey thanks, try the item number: 281626069361

its a 93 uk spec on lpg with 148k and 2 owners

item number seems to work when I tried it in a new private window so you should be good :)

I can still see it. It's the bottom of the page. Looks nice. Best colour too

So its a Green auto 93 LC petrol with a LPG conversion, why did you choose the petrol?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I chose petrol mostly so I didnt have to mess with big end bearings :)

Plus I am close to an lpg place

do we believe the mileage? 2 owners and interior looks low wear :p

A few practical questions gents if you dont mind- I want to get her ship shape asap.

whats the engine box t box and axel oil for these?

ok to go to 5 year red coolant?

is the autobox mechanically or electrically governed?

best plugs leads cap and rotor for lpg?

remind me if its chain or belt for the cam?

where do you shop for parts for these?

many thanks

Hey Fett,

Check hear for details on fluids and general maintenance - http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/faq...attery-information-thread.84888/#post-1012356

If I recall correctly the '93 is hydraulically governed. I think it changed to electric around '95.

Best leads and rotor cap are Toyota OEM

Cam is chain.

Simon Holton for OEM parts - http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/45097-Simon-Holton-Gen-Toyota-Parts

Karl for used parts - http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/54216-Karl-at-Landcruiserparts

Milner Offroad are also good for Grey parts. Depending on what they have in stock you can get OEM grade parts. - http://www.milneroffroad.com/

Oh, and we need obligatory pics!!

Enjoy your cruiser.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your purchase. It looks like an import model to me, has no flares, chrome door handles and mirrors, and no OEM difflocks. The ad says it has front and rear lockers, so maybe it has aftermarket lockers? Always a nice to have, but most people don't need them, it depends what your intended usage is. I wonder if this is an Ozzy import, going by the spec.

Petrols drive nice, very refined. Gary on here has a very nice example and has recently changed his HT leads, so have a search as he is very happy with his new ones.

Without wishing to dampen things, that looks like an import to me. Chrome door mirror backs and no diff lock switch. Shame about the ding but otherwise it looks a really nice example for the year. Bet he was gutted to find it had been hit.

It has the ECT switch and the centre diff lock switch too. Correct me if I'm wrong but does the ECT switch mean electronic control or does it just shift the gear change valve timing in the gearbox to hold it in gear longer? Mine is the same and doesn't seem to have a Bowden cable into the gearbox (unless I've missed it) so I'm guessing it's electronic. ??

Last edited:
Aha, you're not that far from me Fett. Congratulations BTW on picking up a nice looking 80.

Add Roughtrax to the Grey parts suppliers list

Hiya Fett, yeh well thanks, as well as can be, bit less of me since we last spoke though but that's another story !

When you picking it up then ?

hey guys, so long as its got the lockers an import is fine if it adds a fridge all the better!!

I hope its not a dog, as sight unseen but 34 other bids someone must have looked and I dont have the time to go up :p

A POLISH BLOKE DROPPING IT OFF NEXT WEEK :O

good to get an answer on gearbox govenor as im not changing the fluid if its mechanical- cost me rebuild once :p

joinerman I hope its the just finger still?

Last edited:
Well done on the purchase.

As Scott said I've just fitted a set of magnecor blue ht leads to mine, don't buy a set from formula power!!
Genuine leads were about £230 @ mates rates (my mate is workshop manager) the magnecors were £143 and seem really good quality. (Larkspeed seem to do them for the best price)
I run genuine plugs and tbh oil filter etc are genuine parts too.
If I needed a cap and rotor I'd fit genuine.

The petrol runs very smooth and has plenty go, if you can resist the loud pedal they're not horrendous on fuel, can get upto 20mpg on a good run with 35's and a lift!

Free flow stainless exhaust really helps the engine breathe and sound good too.

There's an adjustment you can do to the ignition timing too, not sure how well it'd work for lpg though. Gives a little more mpg and seems to go better, I run 98 octane too.

Thanks mate,I am running magnecores on the rangie so I will get a set as they are great.

whats the engine oil for these?

and for the gearbox too?

I am wondering about flashlube if it doesnt have it already and also if different plugs for lpg but it sounds like you are only on petrol :)

Back