Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Football coming home?......

It's something we look at with bemusement on this side of the narrow pond. Football seems to bring out the dregs of English society, especially when there is 'drink taken'.. to use an Irish euphemism for drunk as a fool.

What's worse for me is the blatant racism amongst 'supporters', who at 8:05p.m were singing and praising the whole squad, and yet a mere 2 hours later, the 3 lads who missed penalties were abused appallingly, with their racial identity being the target of the vitriol.

Now I'm not suggesting for a second that Irish people have no racists among us, nor that we are perfect, but smashing up one of our landmark public spaces and making racial slurs at our national team don't form part of what we do.. This needs to be weeded out by the majority of English people who are not what this thuggery represents

I had successfully managed to block out the whole spectacle until these truly nasty clips started circulating at work yesterday. For someone with no appreciation of the beautiful game whose only experience of football amounts to 20 awful minutes at Nottingham Forest circa 2004 it makes me wonder what's worse - the backlash and vile behaviour we saw yesterday or the years of parochial chest-beating that would have ensued if England had won.

I love watching football but have always found it a little sad how football seems to attract the hard of thinking with their misplaced and misdirected "patriotism" and tribalism.

Rugby seems to be the complete opposite and is a great leveller. There's a lot that football could learn from Rugby - respect for the ref/official, opponents and rules of the game would be a good start. :thumbup:

If i rolled around on the Ground like they do every time i got Kicked by the Horses... I'd get shot in the Back of the Head.... Can't Stand the 'F*"*ing' Game... Leeeeeve it, On 'me' 'Ed'......... :angry-screaming: AND (edit) if they got the job done in the allotted 90mins they wouldn't have to Piss about 'tekking' Peno's'.....

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This was a great competition for England, a massive boost even if we didn't win - bear in mind that the World Cup starts in November I think the support for England will be immense. 31,000,000 people watched the game, second only to Princess Diana's funeral!

The 'racist ignorami'........this is the same group of twats year in, year out, racism isn't growing, they just refuse to wither and die. The football supporters numbers swelled to 31,000,000, but the numbers of ignorami stayed the same, far more people are willing to stand up and call them out on it.

Rugby is a great game, but I don't believe it is full of saintliness, eye gouging, biting, digital insertion into opponents rectum, all go on, and anyone who has been on a Rugger Tour will know that things happen - my feeling on it though is that if the racists start their shit with a rugby crowd they would end up with a good hiding!

Rugger certainly has it's moments but, comparatively not that many crowd problems. I think most of it happens on the pitch! Reminded me of this after dinner speech my Martin Bayfield comparing rhe two games.....

Rugby vs Football

i thought about posting the following in the funny pictures thread but maybe it's more in context here.I had a season ticket at my club it the 80s for what now seems a ridiculously cheap price .We went to the match , stopping off for a pint (or 2 ) before hand & then basically forgot about it until the next week.The vocal but dwindling minority of racist arseholes don't represent even 0.1 % of all fans but come together during England games .
footballers .jpg

Back