Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front anti roll bar

roy

Country Flag
scotland
i have just had one of my drop links fail on the front anti roll bar, while inspecting the failure i was looking at how to remove the 2 main clamps the hold the arb on so i can fit new bushes aswell as repair both drop links.

it was only a quick look , and i thought it would be either a bolt or a nut to be removed for the clamps.
what does hold it on appears to be a square nut and a bolt with no head.

can anyone give advice as to getting the arb clamps off ?

cheers roy

The one with the square nut is a bolt/setscrew that is accessed from above & the one with no head is a welded stud that has a nut on the other side also accessed from above, both are 14mm if my memory serves me correctly :)

cool , cheers sae70 for that .
i had only checked them out from below.

cheers roy

They will snap when you try to undo them. The key is preparation, preparation and oh yes, praying.

Chris

if the clamp bolts do snap,
it should be possible to remove the remainig studs and drill holes for using nuts and bolts instead ?

You can. I have. Good quality drills and some skill required.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hi bob thanks for the link,

easy when your shown exactly what to do from start to finish.

cheers roy

roy said:
hi bob thanks for the link,

easy when your shown exactly what to do from start to finish.

cheers roy

I just realised that you are a short way 'up the road' from me :thumbup: .

Happy to help out if you need it (a big yard, garage and good collection of tools here if you need them).

Bob.

thanks for the offer bob.
i am pretty well setup here to do the work.
i am used to doing work on my other cars (944 turbo,924)

do you take yours off road ?

if so where ?

cheers roy

roy said:
do you take yours off road ?

if so where ?

cheers roy

Not really - I just get into wet fields with the Horse Trailer and then tow other people out :lol:

A neighbour is a leading light in the Scottish Off Road Club (Bob Webster) - They organise 'off road' events on private ground. I can put you in touch if you want to get involved. He is a Green Oval nut and there are usually about a dozen around his giant workshop - but has a high regard for Landcruisers :thumbup:

Bob.

Back