Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front winch bumper build (80)

naa, not enough electricery in them ;)
I was looking at one today and apart from the front grill / headlights etc, they do not look like a 10+year old vehicle. Must have been pretty good when they first arrived. Being only 10 at the time, I would not have know much about them....

Bumper looks great Chris :cool:

Not to be picky but I think I would have put the arial mount behind the bar rather than sticking forwards...

Are you going to fit some lamps?

Cheers

It wouldn't fit Gav. Couldn't open the bonnet. I do have a clamp on one which I might have to resort to if that doesn't go well. I have pulled the bumper out one hole since then and now there probably is clearance. Annoying but part of that organic development that we know and love. Whaddya mean lack of planning!!! How very dare you!

Yes, lights. That's what the bar is for and it's even pre drilled with a selection of holes. Need some good lights this time. Not Halfronts specials. But can't afford PIAA sort of thing.

I am waiting for postie to bring me a rubber cover to slip onto the air point to make it people friendly and keep the mud out.

Chris

Chris said:
I am waiting for postie to bring me a rubber cover to slip onto the air point to make it people friendly and keep the mud out.

Chris

What did you buy for this Chris, I have this issue with the air ports on Lil Blue.... so it would be great to cover it up when not in use

Tony, just going to use one of those golf ball style tow ball covers. They are rubber and as a ball is 50mm and the pipe I used is about the same, I figured that they'd work.

You know if you get mud in there Tony, you can just push something like a screwdriver in and the press the ball bearing down and the air will blast the dirt out.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah it's not so much in the middle, more on the ring itself. It get's sticky and does not move freely meaning it does not hold the ait cable in. Not a problem when you have some water to clean it, but it's a right PITA, so a cover would be good.

Will look at those rubber ball thingies

Back