Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel tank filter sock replacement

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Does anyone know the parts & part numbers needed to replace the fuel tank filter sock on a 92 80 Diesel please?

I can get you the part number this eve paul.

Can it nit just be cleaned though?

Ive got new ones in stock ready to post. A second hand one you can have.
Unless damaged though yours will just clean up.

Thanks both.

Isn’t there a gasket on the top of the tank that will need replacing when doing the job too?

you would be very unlucky if that needed replacing, ive never had to.

Thanks both.

Isn’t there a gasket on the top of the tank that will need replacing when doing the job too?

As said, there is a gasket, but on mine its thick and well stuck to the tank. The cover came off easily, so just take care not to drop any screws into the tank when its off.

You remove the access cover in the floor, then remove all hoses and cable terminals, then remove the sender unit as a whole.

Clean up the sock and check for tears, then reverse order all the above on reinstall.

Simples (I know ‘cos even I managed that one :lol:)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ive swapped 100s paul. Never bothered with the gasket and never had an issue.

As said, there is a gasket, but on mine its thick and well stuck to the tank. The cover came off easily, so just take care not to drop any screws into the tank when its off.

You remove the access cover in the floor, then remove all hoses and cable terminals, then remove the sender unit as a whole.

Clean up the sock and check for tears, then reverse order all the above on reinstall.

Simples (I know ‘cos even I managed that one :lol:)
its not that bad a job you have to check for tears clive!

Cool, thanks for the info folks.

Folks could we have some pics?
Is this something we should all add to our 80’s?
I don’t have one but assume it’s just a physical filter to stop big bits?? Does it slow down filling the truck?
Thanks

I
I don’t have one but assume it’s just a physical filter to stop big bits?? Does it slow down filling the truck?
Thanks

Its just on the pic up pipe from the tank.
They can become blocked and stsrt to put presure on the fuel pump and filter housing.

Thanks
20180210_161628.jpg

Gents thanks. A quick follow up question - is this an OEM feature or you added for extra protection for travel in other zones with iffy diesel quality? I have recently been thinking about buying a Mr Funnel from the USA but the sock seems much simpler. Cheers

Gents thanks. A quick follow up question - is this an OEM feature or you added for extra protection for travel in other zones with iffy diesel quality? I have recently been thinking about buying a Mr Funnel from the USA but the sock seems much simpler. Cheers

OEM, they just have a habit of getting blocked after 2 or 3 hundred thousand miles...

You already have one. Or two if you have an oem subtank..

Back