Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

God damn immobiliser !!!!

Have you got any stone chips or cracks on the screen that might warrant its replacement?

Not yet, but it could have real soon.
Emptied my garage so I could put cruiser in and dry it out as it ain't stopped raining for weeks, soon as I finished drying it and taped up window seal I put truck outside and then got upside down in the cab with my head stuck under the dash, it bloody stopped raining, I been in here a hour now lol

Found an accomplice to spray truck with hose pipe(he was on way from pub, bet he wished he not stopped now) soaked truck, no leaks so far !!!
I will drive cruiser tomorrow in the rain, with luck and see what happens !!!!!

You will see it weeping over the rubber in the bottom corners of the screen. Probably no need to stand on your head.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Screen all resealed so fingers crossed no more leaks. Sorry only one pic though. I forgot lol
I will give this a good 12 hours to set before I head out into our wonderful British weather !!. If this dont work I gonna weld up the sunroof and hit the beer

No, cleaned out behind the rubbers and sealed against the window and body work !!!
No leaks so far, but I aint gone far, only around local vikage at mo, I be on the motorway tomorrow so that's the real test, fingers crossed though, I keep you posted

Still bloody leaking, arghhhhhh !!!!
Unless there a pol of water behind the dash that aint dried out yet, I will give it a day or two and see what happens. The water is coming in from high up so very unlikely its from heater area, and from inspection its all dry.
I guess next step is to tape up the sunroof and see if its getting in there and running down inside the pillar !!!!!! :wtf:

It is unlikely to be your sunroof but you can always tape it up to prove it.

If it was your sunroof you would see it in the headlining.
I had my fingers really well crossed for you Alex but I believe the only sure fire way to seal the screen is to remove it clean the glass, rubber and body and refit with sealant. NOT ARBOMAST but a proper windscreen sealer such as the butyl one I have linked to. By doing this you can control where the sealant goes, avoid drain channels (which could be blocked by old sealant) and get a uniform bead of non setting sealant in all the right places you just cannot get at with the screen in situ.

It's not a difficult job provided the screen has not been bonded to the metal. You have to go gently and release the rubber from inside on a corner and gently work along the top and edge. Be prepared to treat any rust around the metalwork before the screen goes back and you will need two people to take out, move and put the screen back as it is too unwieldy.

I've had my screen visibly drip from the rubber above the mirror due to non dealing with Arbomast (did I say to avoid this stuff?).

Not what you want to hear I know but I tried all the same remedies but only taking the screen out did the job.

It is unlikely to be your sunroof but you can always tape it up to prove it.

If it was your sunroof you would see it in the headlining.
I had my fingers really well crossed for you Alex but I believe the only sure fire way to seal the screen is to remove it clean the glass, rubber and body and refit with sealant. NOT ARBOMAST but a proper windscreen sealer such as the butyl one I have linked to. By doing this you can control where the sealant goes, avoid drain channels (which could be blocked by old sealant) and get a uniform bead of non setting sealant in all the right places you just cannot get at with the screen in situ.

It's not a difficult job provided the screen has not been bonded to the metal. You have to go gently and release the rubber from inside on a corner and gently work along the top and edge. Be prepared to treat any rust around the metalwork before the screen goes back and you will need two people to take out, move and put the screen back as it is too unwieldy.

I've had my screen visibly drip from the rubber above the mirror due to non dealing with Arbomast (did I say to avoid this stuff?).

Not what you want to hear I know but I tried all the same remedies but only taking the screen out did the job.

2 of mine leaked after restoration, both were because the correct sealant was not used. Both times new OEM rubbers where purchased together with the correct sealant...now all good....

I hoped it be a quick fix !! I understand I used a good sealant which was given to me by a friend who repairs caravans and he swears by the stuff as it dont go hard and stays flexible. I guess I should have listened to you guys and taken the screen out, I have never removed a screen or replaced one so would not know where to start.
The water is not dripping now but there still a bead of water hanging onto cables, I was thinking perhaps there a build up of water behind the dash and needs time to dry out, or am I just hoping !!!

Just a thought if I purchased a new screen and had it fitted, would they use a sealant or just the rubber ??

You could be in luck and it may be the remaining water. Don't replace anything you haven't proven to need replacing (or in this case taking out and re sealing). If you cannot see water coming in, it is either coming in where you can't see it or you've fixed it. Either is possible. Monitor it and see what happens but try and get some plastic or at least rag above the components you know to have been affected. That way you can see if water has got anywhere near them.

Dry what you can beforehand.

cheers for advice starcruiser,i will put some paper roll around components and monitor them over next few days. Hey I cant find that link you sent me for sealant, could I have it again please ? I will put cruiser back in garage tonight and put electric heaters in footwells and dry it out as much as possible.

Hey frank cheers for al the advice, soon as I find out where water is coming in from I will put a full documented report on here !!! I will give it a day or two and if it starts dripping again I will remove the screen and start from scratch :icon-rolleyes:

Back