Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

God damn immobiliser !!!!

Country Flag
wales
Hey dudes any advice on disabling immobiliser/alarm, just found out local car wash dudes used jet wash in door slam so it very wet. Vehicle wont start now, key fob lights up but wont open operate central locking or allow vehicle to start. All dash board lights work as normal. I have dried everything off and got a heater in there since early this morning but nothing as of yet. I was wondering is there a way to bypass immobiliser ??? cheers :icon-cry:

You've probably got water in your door close switches . They are easy to take apart and dry off. You may also have one on your bonnet. I have one on my bonnet which set the alarm off after rain because the contacts were too close together so I adjusted them. I doubt whether you have any permanent damage. the switches are held on with 1 screw each and you can easily take these out, peel back the rubber and blow the switches dry.

You will really need to get directly into the alarm control box. Not the alarm sounder under the bonnet or wherever they have fitted it but the main box somewhere under the dash, in the footwell, that sort of area. You will find a box with a fairly large 3/4" or so loom of cables going straight into it with no connectors. To bypass mine I had to pull the alarm unit out completely which involved drilling out the pop rivets and pulling the connector inside. I then had 6 black wires which untraced to two relays in the alarm. One pair cuts the fuel the other two pairs cut the starter and both had to be bridged.

The other method is to gently take the front off the dash and find where in the loom they have connected the starter and fuel solenoid interrupt wires but you will still have an active alarm.

If I were you I would lift the sill trim that attaches to the footwell side piece under the dash and locate the alarm box wherever it may be. The best method is to get air moving around it or blow out with compressed air, even from an aerosol of compressed air. A vacuum cleaner with the hose attached to the outlet of it to blow like some of the older cylinder cleaners do will give warm/hot high flow air that can be directed. This can help but compressed air is best to get the worst out. You can try WD40 which is water repellent, that may work especially as you can fit the straw to it and get it well inside the alarm box.

The alternative is rip the whole thing out and find the wires that get bridged by the relays but this is an hours work with theorist tools and meters.

It's made to be tricky for a reason.

I'm not sure the bonnet or door switches will be your problem as your alarm stays set and quiet but just won't unset on the fob.

Ah. Water INSIDE the car. I have the workshop manual that Toyota used to fit the Scorpion 5000 alarm if that is what you have. 1994/5 ish.

HEY DUDES, its ALIVE!!!!! the cruiser is back with us, many hours of trapped fingers and changing of clothes cause of this bloody weather the cruiser is running.
dried out truck with space heater and electric blower, took as many multiplugs apart and warmed mudules by wood burner and she has fired up, and running perfect :icon-biggrin:
PROBLEM- water leaking in from window seal and water running down over electrics in footwell. Removed the panel around where the wipers are (cant remember what its called), there were all sorts of rubbish under there, water was building up there so I guess that not helping the situation. Next step is to remove windscreen and reseal, fingers crossed problem solved. So cheers again everyone :clap::icon-biggrin:

is it cull panel ??

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hey star cruiser im so pleased I not have to go into the wiring like you described !!!! im colour blind so I be buggered lol:wtf:

Woohoo, well done for persevering with the drying out. I thought it would all be alright in the end [emoji3][emoji3]

Skuttle panel is the one directly beneath the windscreen.

I think you had overflow as I don't think water from the edges of the windscreen can get to the floor. On mine it did not get anywhere near the electrics. I seam to remember there are drain tubes which must be kept clear.

Pleased you got it sorted.

ahh, english always have different name from the rest of the world, just like the americans, and as far as I know a kick panel is inside the door frame near the floor.

toyodiy part number is
55781-60020
and this is the only image i found.

Last edited:
Skuttle !!! That's the one, I remember it now that you reminded me lol
Where are the drain tubes Frank ? Perhaps it ain't my screen, I just presumed !!!!

Ooh that looks like windscreen delamination. Check in the corners when the outside corners fill with water.

When I took my screen out there are depressions in the body below the scuttle panel that act as drains but I didn't see any drain tubes.

Back