Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Goodwinch David Bowyer

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
One of the reasons that I have championed the TDS Goldfish winch on so many occasions is due to the service that I get from Goodwinch.
Once again, they were there when I needed them. After the fire on my 80, one of the items that has been sitting in the garage is the winch. Looking pretty sad, I stripped it down this week to have a look to see if it was worth saving critical components. To my surprise, under the ash and soot, the main components are undamaged. The motor, gearbox and drum are completely fine. Even the grease is still in place. The electrical parts and top bridge were really stuffed though.

One call to David and the TNT man has just delivered new parts. Not, as I thought a box of bits for me to have to put together, but a complete bridge, top cover, floor plate and cabling all assembled ready to drop straight onto the frame of my winch.

That's what I call service.

Not sure what to do with the winch now, but I'll find a home for it in it's restored condition.

Chris

Yep ... David has an immense ammount of knowlege, and if you've got a few hours to spare he will guide you through the repair job or what-ever it is you need help with where your winch is concerned over the phone.
he is a genuine down to earth bloke ...and i would (and have) reccomend him to anyone.

if you go to his workshops you'll always come away with more than you need :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

a top bloke .... giving the best service .... :D :D

i emailed him once about shorting problem with solenoid,
i expected an email back, but he phoned me back that day and talked me through solving the problem, which was successful!
great helpfull and friendly chap

Whacked all the bits in today. Works like a new one. Motor looked like it had just left the factory. Bit of Jizer here and there and a rub with a rag. It's looking like a nearly new one and it runs perfectly. Took the opportunity to wire the remote into the bridge too. Tidy that way. So basically pulled this one back from the edge of the skip! Whether I keep or sell, it's still money well spent. Not sure it's the best winch to build into the rear bumper project, bit it's worth measuring up.

Chris

Back