Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Green laning

Nah, very little all round actually Chas. Just trying to bait one or two out of hiding. At least three suffered a dent in exactly the same place on the same hazard.

Biggest disasters were, as Ben said, lost keys and missing phone!

Chris

OK Chris, I believe you, if it was me it would be easy to deny any fresh damage, I mean, how would you be able to tell :lol:

We have mentioned derbyshire again paul and we have talked bout lakes with ben :thumbup:

As you said ben every other month or so sounds good to me. We will have to decide if its the lakes next or around here then.

Great company and fun.

As for damage..........When the pics get put up there may be a couple of slight scrapes :D

end of 5th lane on saturday, my truck with new boots on.

PICT0001-1.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

Keith's 80.

PICT0004.jpg

Steven emerging from the lane.

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

in the stream which was the shallowest ive seen it in 5 years.

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

and onto the next lane which is arguably the muddiest in Shropshire.

Steven got slightly delayed and needed a quick tow.

PICT0014.jpg

and fiery is free.

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

Chris sailed straight through with his new tyres biting there way through the soft mud.

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

Karl almost made it through, but the lack of mud terrains beat him.

PICT0021.jpg

but he did give it his best shot. note the clouds of black smoke from the chip fat.

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

we put the strop on Karls truck, then Steven had a great idea. :liar: :whistle:

PICT0024.jpg

after attaching the strop to Chris's truck Karl was through.

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

Ryan approaches the muddy bit.

PICT0027.jpg

and sails through. fortunately getting through without damage. :liar: :whistle:

PICT0028.jpg

Robs next.

PICT0029.jpg

a quick winch pull later and hes through.

PICT0031.jpg

didnt get any pics of Mitch coming through as he was going too quick. :o

PICT0032.jpg

so on to the next lanes.

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

camp site, which was a quarry in the middle of a forest. very secluded and quite, or so we thought............................................ :whistle:

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

note the glorious sunshine and nice weather we had. :cool:

PICT0044.jpg

Stevens shanty.

PICT0045.jpg

cooking my dinner on the back of the 90.

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

so some of us went off to tackle the challenging lane.
im sure Ryan will have some good pics of this, as my camera is rubbish, and i was driving.

PICT0048.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

Karl trying to help the cross axled 90 gain traction.

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

Dave making it look easy in his 80 with new tyres.

PICT0054.jpg

didnt get many pics today due to the rain and the fact i was busy chain sawing on most of the lanes, to ease the passage of the roof tented trucks.

PICT0055.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

river crossing.

PICT0061.jpg

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

PICT0067.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

PICT0069.jpg

PICT0070.jpg

PICT0071.jpg

last lane of the day.

PICT0072.jpg

PICT0075.jpg

PICT0077.jpg

PICT0078.jpg

PICT0079.jpg

PICT0080.jpg

PICT0082.jpg

PICT0083.jpg

i might nip outside and take a pic of the very slight knock my truck took. :lol:

thanks to ben foir organising a great weekends laning and finding a good campsite for the night.I think ben will need a new chain for his chainsaw the amount of use that got.just remind me which lane we needed to winch most of the way up :lol:

dave b said:
thanks to ben foir organising a great weekends laning and finding a good campsite for the night.I think ben will need a new chain for his chainsaw the amount of use that got.just remind me which lane we needed to winch most of the way up :lol:

thanks Dave. :thumbup:

i dont think we needed to winch up any of the lanes did we? :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did your balancing issue iron itself out mate?

Chris

I think that the (WE) part means (BEN) dave.

Credit to you all for doing it tho, Even though dave wished he had stoped at the camp site as he couldnt understand for the life of him where this really bad lane was.

Maybe the rain and corrosion on that lane dave made it a walk in the park for the 80 :thumbup:

With how mr chris did this weekend i was very supprised that him and his truck could do/and go where they could with the planning driving style? Nice one chris. Im sure you are happy with the tyre :thumbdown: choice now :thumbup:

Not good ryan Just having a nice hot soak in the tub :thumbup:

And steve,no thinking about me in the bath please :shock:

Chas, I was one of the said people to have the damage, Ryan has some good photos of the place. Ben got a few as well. When i droped into the hole on the muddy lane the ground throws you into the bank on the drivers side rear quarter,No issue for my truck but the nice trucks a shame!

Way home my ARB had come off and had to drive back without it attached,Not to great with a six inch lift :shock:

Geordie Paul said:
I would be quite happy to organise a weekend in the lakes, I have driven most of the best lanes now :thumbup: I go green laning in the Peak District with a guy from l200.org. I am sure we could sort a trip to Stanage Edge!

that would be great if you could Paul. :thumbup:

maybe August or September? :?:

karl webster said:
I think that the (WE) part means (BEN) dave.

Credit to you all for doing it tho, Even though dave wished he had stoped at the camp site as he couldnt understand for the life of him where this really bad lane was.

Maybe the rain and corrosion on that lane dave made it a walk in the park for the 80 :thumbup:

With how mr chris did this weekend i was very supprised that him and his truck could do/and go where they could with the planning driving style? Nice one chris. Im sure you are happy with the tyre :thumbdown: choice now :thumbup:

Not good ryan Just having a nice hot soak in the tub :thumbup:

And steve,no thinking about me in the bath please :shock:

well the lane was very dry which did make it easier than last time. :whistle:

if it had of been very bad we might have been stuck down there all night and missed the firework display. :lol:

I agree ben, If it was attempted today i think it may have been different.

Would have liked to see if dave had made it up tho :think:

I can imagine if that lane was wet it would be a very diffrent lane down and up.It was a vey interresting find though ben :thumbup: .the wheel balanc was worst at 40-50 mph chris have to try and improve it for next time.It was quite a straight forward run home think we only stopped 10 times for karl to make adjustments

Was a great weekend laning, all thanks to Ben. Also thanks a lot for clearing the track for us with roof tents, it must have been very hard work in the wet.

Yes I have a dent in the rear quarter panel like every 80 that went through the bog (apart from Chris but I put that down to his tyres and spacers). Had to clear out the wheels as I was getting loads of vibration due to the several handfuls of clay that were lodged in them.

Jon has a few good photos so will post them when I get them.

Cheers Ben :thumbup:

Blimey :o Can't believe how busy you guys have been posting while I've been driving home :) Got back just after 19:00Hrs :shock: :!: M1, M25, A12 all bad & lots of rain :!:

Not had a chance to read any of above apart from a quick flick through the piccys :)

Thanks for a great weekend Ben :D Nice one m8 :thumbup:

Will sit down later for a good read & post some of my own pics, but first things first beer & shower time :drool: :drool: :drool:

The wheel balance comment was aimed at Ryan. I came across him parked on the M54. There was natural mud anti- balancing going on. Nothing we could do.

I could hear you guys chattering, still, by the time I hit Telford East.

Very tired driving back. Spotted Ray Dadd going the opposite way in his 80 near Weston Under Lizard. Had a chat on the phone. Said he'd come laning with us in that area next time maybe. It's his back garden. But I think we did damn well with Cobra Leader.

Just looked under the truck. Pretty clean. The mud seems to wash off this coating that I have painted on.

Glad about that.

SAE did you get a pic of me on up the quarry wall? I'd like to see that. Wasn't far up, just seeing of my tyres were still catching. Few mins with the wheel gun seemed to have sorted that mostly.

Chris

Chris said:
SAE, did you get a pic of me on up the quarry wall?
I did take a couple :) Camera still in truck though & persisting it down here :roll: Quick shower & I'll go & get it out for a look :thumbup:

Here's a few of my many photos for now :D

P5120029.jpg

P5120030.jpg

P5120047.jpg

P5120065.jpg

P5130070.jpg

P5130071.jpg

P5130072.jpg

P5130076.jpg

P5130077.jpg

P5130078.jpg

P5130079.jpg