Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Halfrauds Offers

They do some good deals at this time of year as they tend to bring out new "improved" products at the start of each year. End of line stock clearances are great and they don't tend to make too much noise over them.
I only tend to buy Halfords Professional or Industrial tools these days unless they I can find a better alternative. They are all made by Sykes Pickavant and have a lifetime guarantee plus they are a damn site cheaper than some of the competitors and easier to replace (yes my Snap-On van man who never turns up when you say your going to then I have to spend half a day tracking you down to get my replacment that you have had on your van for weeks...I'm talking about you!! :roll: :lol: )

That second one the 127 piece jobby is my primary tool kit & it has done some work for me :D

I've had it nearly 4 years & as well as comeing out off roading with me it's the first thing I reach for when working on the truck :D

One or two bits have bust over time but Halfords have always replaced them without question :thumbup:

PB140060.jpg

P8210139.jpg

PA220694.jpg

P9120468.jpg

As you can see I'm always using it :D

It was the main set of tools that I used to reduce Shaky from a road going truck to scrap metal :twisted:

P8080049.jpg

P8080050.jpg

P8140083.jpg

P8140085.jpg

P8190065.jpg

P8260014.jpg

P8260016.jpg

P8270036.jpg

P8270067.jpg

P9170034.jpg

IMHO an excellent set of tools :D :D :D

Steven, were there any tools in that set that you substituted better ones for?

Cossack said:
Only the Stanley knife & I binned the spirit level :D The items that I broke were the 'C' clip pliers trying to get a UJ apart without freeing the 'C' clip first with oil & tapping :oops: I also bust the tip from off of the Pozi screwdriver while hitting it with an hammer trying to budge a stuborn fixing :roll: The only item that truely fell apart was the 1/4" drive flexi joint :? When I picked it up one day it fell in two as it was missing a roll pin :? :) Halfords replaced the lot without another word :D Not the same items mind but better in the case of the 'C' clip pliers :thumbup: I've also added to the kit over time (a set of flexi head ratchet spanners, magnetic pick up tool, mirror on a stick, 1/2" to 3/8" reducer, 3/8" deep sockets, 3/8" larger size Torx bit set, mole grips & a small wire brush) but the basic set is very good :thumbup: I've just had a look @ the photo of the set that Halfords now sell & it is layed out slightly differently to mine & some of the tools have changed but I still reckon it's a good set of tools to have :D

Oh & the torch as I smashed the original one to bits one day :p

I've just been back to read the list of tools & it reads the same as my set so it must be the same :)

I never did understand the claw hammer & the spirit level :? :lol:

sae70 said:
Cossack said:
I never did understand the claw hammer & the spirit level :? :lol:
In my collection of tools I carry I have a stubby claw hammer, but with the claws ground off, very handy for banging in a confined space :thumbup: .
I might just add a spirit level, to check when I park when camping, I wouldn't want to roll out of the roof tent :lol: :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back