Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HD-FTE engine Valve Clearance check/adjustment

emanoeladrian

Country Flag
romania
My LandCruiser just reach 50.000Km on the clock and I was surprised to find in the Owner Manual that the valve clearance check/adjustment need to be made every 45.000km. Now, I have been to local Toyota service station near by but they have no clue about this check :lol: . I am looking to find in Europe (Austria/Germany) a Toyota service station to perform this adjustment/check and I ask you for advice, any welcome. :text-thankyoublue:
My car last service check was at 42.000 (January 2011).

Any decent car mechanic should be able to do this. Just handle the valve bridge carefully. The FSM (Toyota workshop manual) is crucial for maintaining this vehicle. Order one from the t0yota dealer.

6792279629_cf3e032910_b.jpg

If you take the spill pipe off you MUST use new aluminium seels otherwise you will have a sump full of diesel in no time at all and may ruin the engine.

Frank

Thank you uHu and Frank , very usefull informations . I think I can do myself all the work but, unfortunately I do not have the time and the facillity for this.
Anyway the car is sitting in the garaje until May or June and then I will take a decision when and where will be performed.
Thanks again .

In Australia the manual says do them every 20,000 kms! What a load of BS. Money for nothing at the dealer. Mine has 150,000 on it now and they haven't been done, I will do them myself very soon when I do the timing belt.

frank rabbets said:
If you take the spill pipe off you MUST use new aluminium seels otherwise you will have a sump full of diesel in no time at all and may ruin the engine.

Frank
I think I might need to replace mine, does anybody have a part number for them, I can't find them on toyo-diy
Thanks
Julian

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back