Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Doncaster

J66P

hi, just popped in to say hello, got a V6 Colorado to play with, had Jeeps for years and fancied a change

Picture468.jpg

Hello and welcome. Looks like Jade to me. And new tyres too? Not sure we have any members with a petrol one in Jade. Glad you know how to post pics too. It's an auspicious start.

Chris

Hiya :D Nice tyres :drool: I've seen you about the forums I'm sure :think: :D

Welcome to the club, we've got a good new member here, he's bought a Toyota, the best tyres (IMO) only been a member for one day and made his first post already :clap: , all that's needed now is a bit of mud :lol:
Chas

hello and welcome
see you on "the other site" a fair bit!

Welcome :text-welcomewave: - you must be the first member to have colour-coded lettering on their tyres :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andrew Prince said:
Welcome :text-welcomewave: - you must be the first member to have colour-coded lettering on their tyres :mrgreen:

Hi and welcome :thumbup:

The blue covering on the white lettering, I am sure thats a protective 'skin' to ensure the white lettering stays white, during shipping and fitting.
In Texas, I had new tyres fitted to another 4x4 and the lettering was blue, but simply washed off with warm soapy water.

Graham

Graham said:
Andrew Prince said:

Hi and welcome :thumbup:

The blue covering on the white lettering, I am sure thats a protective 'skin' to ensure the white lettering stays white, during shipping and fitting.
In Texas, I had new tyres fitted to another 4x4 and the lettering was blue, but simply washed off with warm soapy water.

Graham

Hi welcome and yes it is a wax to protect the lettering during shipping. Either wash off with warm soapy water or let the rain do it for you :lol:

Or even better, mount the tyre so that the white/blue lettering faces inwards :twisted:

Yes, I am perfectly aware that the blue coating comes on some new tyres BTW!

Y'know, I have a feeling that J66P might just already know that? Not sure that anyone was actually suggesting that the letters were blue. Were they?

Chris

Hi and welcome aboard. Nice looking truck you have there :thumbup:

Cossack said:
Welcome to the club, we've got a good new member here, he's bought a Toyota, the best tyres (IMO) only been a member for one day and made his first post already :clap: , all that's needed now is a bit of mud :lol:
Chas

not being too shy but its hard to get mud on it, unlike my Jeep it stays under the archs

DSC_0028.jpg

Picture148.jpg

Picture179.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture049.jpg

nice pics - don't seem to mess around...

thats what its there for, just debating on a front ARB locker :? :?

Speak to Tony and a front locker - It's harsh on the drive shafts. Or was that the driver :whistle: :whistle: :lol:

lockers breaking things are down to drivers, Jeep had them and I never broke anything, others break things all the time :thumbup:

Crispin said:
Speak to Tony and a front locker - It's harsh on the drive shafts. Or was that the driver :whistle: :whistle: :lol:
erm..... nothing to see here move along :whistle:

J66P said:
lockers breaking things are down to drivers, Jeep had them and I never broke anything, others break things all the time :thumbup:
Learning that very fast... front locker on a 90 makes it a really capable vehicle. :think:

Yeah fitted by previous owner (Chris on this site). It's a ARB RD90 Air Locker by Devon 4x4.... I'm the current custodian of Lil'Blue:

860409460_Nuzpa-M.jpg

Back