Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Helpful Advice Needed!

Hi All,

Brand new to this forum, (& not strictly an LC owner yet...:eusa-shhh:) I was after some advice on the LC 120 series.

I started off at the top of the pile looking at LC5's. I really did like the idea of the air suspension, being able to raise and lower it as I needed.

Reading the odd post here and there, I'm starting to doubt its worth going for over the LC4... I hear of folk converting back over to coils, and the only other difference between the models I can see being the touch screen sat nav.

I will be using the vehicle off road... Nothing to daunting for now. My current Nissan X-Trail can handle the river I cross with only minor ground clearance issues!

Thanks in advance.

Jay.

I have an LC5 and I don't ever use the variable air suspension - it only gives a little more clearance and is only useable at very low speeds - at higher speeds it reverts to its normal height. The only time I use it is to check it's still working! I've done 100k miles and no problem with it. I'm off road once a week but not hardcore stuff.

Other than that, the Sat Nav is acceptable for its age (i have bought the up to date mapping disk - £120!!) and that, together with the touch screen climate and audio controls, give it a more contemporary look if that is of interest to you.

Worth checking the air con is working if you go for one. I had to renew sections of air con pipework which had corroded and it cost me a packet because the sections fuse together. That may also apply to the LC4.

I use the height adjuster regularly on mine - always jack it up in low range. And it's really useful on long fully-laden trips as it auto-levels so no sagging arse syndrome ...

X2 on the aircon - I've had issues with multiple magnetic clutches. Touch wood all good now.

And check injector seals have been replaced :)

Back