Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi everyone my names Roy, I’m from the Isle of Wight, bought a 2004 lc5 120 series

roy franklin

Country Flag
great_britain
Welcome Roy - that's a nice looking 120 you've picked up. :thumbup: Do you have any plans for it?

BTW - you have to be careful with 120s, it makes people want to creep up behind them and jump out, when you're least expecting it! ;)

Welcome Roy - that's a nice looking 120 you've picked up. :thumbup: Do you have any plans for it?

BTW - you have to be careful with 120s, it makes people want to creep up behind them and jump out, when you're least expecting it! ;)
Thank s for that, well we bought it in August last year and we drove to Bavaria Germany and the Alps for two weeks 300 mile drives each day,I can honestly say best truck I’ve ever had and I’ve had a few, we took the two rear seats out, massive boot for all our gear didn’t plan sod all just looked at the map got on to Trivago booked up digs and went, I/we my wife love the truck, it’s got 72000 miles on today and I swear this is like brand new, so I will hopefully make some great plans for it

Welcome Roy, I've had a few Cruisers but I really do like my 120. They really do stand up to mileage well. That does look very fresh.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome aboard Roy and Mrs Roy by the look of it, a couple of Cruiser grins in that photo, already :thumbup:

Whereabouts on the island are you? My mum was born in Ryde and I spent all my school hols as a young’un on my uncle’s dairy farm west of Newport or on Woodside beach circa 60’s... happy memories and a lovely place to be.

Welcome Roy, I've had a few Cruisers but I really do like my 120. They really do stand up to mileage well. That does look very fresh.
Thanks Andy, had it 6 months now, really lucky to get this one, I was at Toyota dealer when a lady came in to buy a new land cruiser and trade this one in, I was like a moth around a light, never took my eyes off the ball she has done 67000 from new and had it serviced ever 6 yes 6 months immaculate it was, anyway save me looking around I said I’ll have it. Paid £ 12000 I don’t know if that’s good or bad but it just seemed good to me so that’s my truck ,, take care

Sneaky beaky, land cruiser creeper

Welcome aboard Roy and Mrs Roy by the look of it, a couple of Cruiser grins in that photo, already :thumbup:

Whereabouts on the island are you? My mum was born in Ryde and I spent all my school hols as a young’un on my uncle’s dairy farm west of Newport or on Woodside beach circa 60’s... happy memories and a lovely place to be.
We live in freshwater, west Wight more country side I love it, we been here 25ish years come from Gloucester originaly been about a bit with the Army ended up here, love the Cruiser, give us a smile all the time, we gave it a big road trip around Bavaria and loved it cheers

Sounds like you were in the right place right time. Its defiantly one of the better ones. I viewed 9 before I got mine.

Hi Roy,

Welcome aboard.

That does look and sound like a very nice well cared for example. Is it as mint underneath as it is on top? Sounds like you’ve given her a good run in and exercised both you and Mrs F’s cruiser grins. You probably haven't paid over the odds for it. It’s worth what someone is prepared to pay at the end of the day and worth extra for a minter. There will be cheaper ones out there but I doubt many will be in such condition with the history that one has. Right place, right time i’d say.

Wishing you many happy miles with your cruiser grins.

Best wishes
Rich

Sounds like you were in the right place right time. Its defiantly one of the better ones. I viewed 9 before I got mine.
I know what you mean, I looked at loads on line and living on the island it was getting to that time where I was going to bite the bullet and get off and see some not so easy when the ferry fare is £70-80 return plus travelling but yea what good luck. So how your motor? Good I hope

Hi Roy,

Welcome aboard.

That does look and sound like a very nice well cared for example. Is it as mint underneath as it is on top? Sounds like you’ve given her a good run in and exercised both you and Mrs F’s cruiser grins. You probably haven't paid over the odds for it. It’s worth what someone is prepared to pay at the end of the day and worth extra for a minter. There will be cheaper ones out there but I doubt many will be in such condition with the history that one has. Right place, right time i’d say.

Wishing you many happy miles with your cruiser grins.

Best wishes
Rich
Cheers Rich for nice comment, had her checked underneath inside and out, independently and they said this truck has never seen a days work, the one owner lady who had it from new said she only used it for best( farmer she was) so very happy I do like the look of yours, have you had any adventures

We live in freshwater, west Wight more country side I love it, we been here 25ish years come from Gloucester originaly been about a bit with the Army ended up here, love the Cruiser, give us a smile all the time, we gave it a big road trip around Bavaria and loved it cheers

I love the bay at freshwater, the red and white sandstone/chalk cliffs. Uncle’s farm was sold after he died some years ago, probably a solar power farm or something boring now.

Another uncle was the live-in manager of Yafford water mill near Shorwell when it was a working mill grinding grain to flour when I was a kid, that place dates back to the doomsday book... had loads of fun in that place as an 8 year old :lol:

Cheers Rich for nice comment, had her checked underneath inside and out, independently and they said this truck has never seen a days work, the one owner lady who had it from new said she only used it for best( farmer she was) so very happy I do like the look of yours, have you had any adventures
That’s great as there are some 120s in very poor condition underneath. I guess they don't salt the roads too much on the IoW?

Thanks, I have so far only been on one proper adventure to see Clive in Romania. Same sort of days drivingvas you described in Germany and a fabulous trip it was too with some great company along the way and wonderful hospitality from Clive and family in Romania. Hope to add some more trips sometime soon but my good lady wants to go back to Canada next year. I wonder if we could do a road trip? :think:

I know what you mean, I looked at loads on line and living on the island it was getting to that time where I was going to bite the bullet and get off and see some not so easy when the ferry fare is £70-80 return plus travelling but yea what good luck. So how your motor? Good I hope

Yes I can see your ability to view could be compromised by your location. It should be good for years. Sometimes its worth paying a bit more for something exceptional because its so much easier to keep it that way.
Mines fine, runs great and in decent nick but its the LC4 version without the bells and whistles.

That’s great as there are some 120s in very poor condition underneath. I guess they don't salt the roads too much on the IoW?

Thanks, I have so far only been on one proper adventure to see Clive in Romania. Same sort of days drivingvas you described in Germany and a fabulous trip it was too with some great company along the way and wonderful hospitality from Clive and family in Romania. Hope to add some more trips sometime soon but my good lady wants to go back to Canada next year. I wonder if we could do a road trip? :think:
We will see what time we have this year and see if we can get a trip in

I love the bay at freshwater, the red and white sandstone/chalk cliffs. Uncle’s farm was sold after he died some years ago, probably a solar power farm or something boring now.

Another uncle was the live-in manager of Yafford water mill near Shorwell when it was a working mill grinding grain to flour when I was a kid, that place dates back to the doomsday book... had loads of fun in that place as an 8 year old :lol:
We take our huskie running with friends at yafford there friends own the farm there but we don’t know them , but it’s nice around here

Yes I can see your ability to view could be compromised by your location. It should be good for years. Sometimes its worth paying a bit more for something exceptional because its so much easier to keep it that way.
Mines fine, runs great and in decent nick but its the LC4 version without the bells and whistles.
The LC4 looks good I nearly went for one, in fact I nearly took a flight to Scotland because there was an absolute minter lc3 40 odd thousand on the clock owned by a university lecturer from new, I think I ended up with the best deal, what I love about them is that there not so common on the road like everything else

Back