Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Berkshire with lj70

Ash Awbery

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi, been about a while but only just joined the forum, iv got a lj70 that I just use for green laning and pay and play days. Done a few mods which have all been done by me.

engine conversion to daihatsu 2.8 td.
80 series springs with extended shocks and brake pipes.
35 inch simexs.
body mounted rear lights.
front winch and winch bumper.
Custom rear fully floating axle with disc brakes.
snorkel.

Next mods on the list are:
difflock, roll cage and fit my on board air system.
Would up load some pics but can't until iv posted 15 times :(

ash

Hi Ash, welcome on board. Hurry up & get posting so we can see this truck of yours :lol:

Not sure if you can link to Photobucket with lower post count - try that maybe?

Cheers

Welcome to the club. :thumbup:

Sounds like an interesting 70 youve got. :clap:

I'm very interested in the rear axle conversion youve done. :think:

Converting it to a full floating and disc brakes is something I'd like to do to mine. :icon-biggrin:

Looking forward to the pics. :icon-wink:

Hi, I'm in tadley which is Berkshire/Hampshire boarder. I tried to link to photo bucket but I can't link to other websites either :(
the axle conversion uses shortened 80 series half shafts and front lj70 hubs, stubs discs and caliper mounted to a 50 mm spacer (only need to be 20mm but added another 30mm so I could remove the wheel spacers) will post up some pictures as soon as I can :)

ash

Living in the shadow of AWE Aldermaston then!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi, I'm in tadley which is Berkshire/Hampshire boarder. I tried to link to photo bucket but I can't link to other websites either :(
the axle conversion uses shortened 80 series half shafts and front lj70 hubs, stubs discs and caliper mounted to a 50 mm spacer (only need to be 20mm but added another 30mm so I could remove the wheel spacers) will post up some pictures as soon as I can :)

ash

Hi Ash i was a bit confused about linking photobucket at first but later worked out its so simple nobody could realy offer much advice .

Upload your photo to bucket . Then open the photo for viewing , alongside the pic in the lower right corner will be a bunch of boxes to link to twitter book and and all that garbage . One box just says "image code" click on that and the code will briefly change to copied . The pic is now stored in your copy and paste function . Return to this site , and heres where it usually goes wrong , you must click on the this box so you can see the cursor flashing and waiting for you to type, once it is you can copy and paste your pic .

I was trying to use image codes but it was still saying I couldn't link to other sites until I reached my 15 posts? But think iv worked out how to do it now lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 394
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 93
Hi Ash, welcome!

Great pics and a nice bit of engineering I see there...

Love the truck, nice and high...

She is a bit too high at the moment on the front iv got new 80 springs and on the back iv got used ones, and it sits higher on the front than the back! So I'm going to swap them round and see how it sits other wise I think I may cut the front arches out and lower the whole thing down (backs have already been cut out) the springs didn't settle as much as I thought they would :-/

I wouldn't have thought it could be too high for laning and play days. Not like you're going to the office in it like I do!

maybe swap them around and carry a paving slab or two in the back!

Last edited:
I thought with us getting rid of Ben and shipping him of to Oz that we would have seen the last of modified shorty 70's.... oh no... look what's turns up :lol:

Welcome Ash, nice LC :dance:

I thought with us getting rid of Ben and shipping him of to Oz that we would have seen the last of modified shorty 70's.... oh no... look what's turns up :lol:

Welcome Ash, nice LC :dance:

:icon-surprised:

Miss you too Tony! :whistle:

God...not another one! Nurse...they're multiplying! :icon-biggrin:

D'ya mean too many Berks on this forum?

Do I count as I lived in West Backwards for 20 odd years?

My claim is that I lived in the village that got a fair amount of media interest about a certain wedding...

I know Tadley area a bit as my mate from school lived near the Pelican in Pamber Heath, so I've spent a bit of time around the area with the dogs and bikes.

Back