Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Isle of Man

Ale

Hi Guys

Thought I'd post a quick hello from the Isle of Man. Most of you regulars may know my brother Justin Elliott, who I joined at the Lincomb event last May (2012) - so I've probably met a few of you guys already.

After that Lincomb event I was quite impressed what Justin's 80 was capable of, and in the right hands perhaps even more :) So that's convinced me a Land Cruiser is probably the right choice of go-anywhere vehicle.

We've just been juggling around with our cars, and have now sold my Lotus Elise, great fun but not really of much use for transporting more than 1 person or any luggage, and our SWB Shogun (V68 3.2DID), which was the family run around.

The Shogun had served us well and was a great workhorse, but the boot was a tad small for any long trips. So we're now looking at a Land Cruiser to fit our needs, which will be a mix of general utility vehicle, camping, mountain biking and potential for some Euro trips and Overlanding when the kids are a bit older or left home!

I'll post up a Wanted ad, but am on the lookout ideally for an 80 with the 4.2td and manual box. The Shogun was Auto, but I much prefer changing gear when I want to, and to give marginally more economy.

Cheers for now

Al

Welcome to the club. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the welcome guys..

Hi there Isle of Man. Nice to see another local on here!

...I was quite impressed what Justin's 80 was capable of, and in the right hands perhaps even more :)

Lets hope you find one... as otherwise next time you'll be walking :snooty:

Back