Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hidden winch on a 120

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
I'm over in Poland for a few days on a business trip,
After meetings today I went for a wander round Krakow and spotted this 120 with a hidden-winch mount and winch
sythetic rope

never seen such a well hidden winch on a landcruiser - maybe its a fake!

[attachment=0:18rw4wja]IMG-20120228-00257.jpg[/attachment:18rw4wja]

Attachments

• IMG-20120228-00257.jpg
    IMG-20120228-00257.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 1,020
Yep that looks like a TBR hidden winch mount. There's piles of room behind the plastic bumper. Enjoy Poland!

It is not fake. I saw a similar setup on a 120 on an Andorran 120 in Western Sahara. Looked very neat and discrete. Dont have any pics of it though.

edit ... also bumpers were unsprayed and looked pretty good. Big advantage is that chips and scratches dont show as much.

i didnt know they made a TBR mount for the 120 (like they do for 90)

Krakow nice, a lot nicer than Warsaw was, took the train from there yesterday.

just had a meal- a pint of beer, Borsch soup and a pork knuckle for main course = £8.50!!!!

had a look on TBR site and yes found it, £907 (the 90 series one is now £1081 - yikes!)

but looks like TBR mount is higher than the mount the 120 i saw today must have

[attachment=0:8lmhx6q5]16-5860_g.jpg[/attachment:8lmhx6q5]

Attachments

• 16-5860_g.jpg
    16-5860_g.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,966
Yes could be that too. Those were the two I originally investigated before getting lucky with the ARB bumper - both expensive though for what they are!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice, if I had another cruiser I would try the stealth approach to mods for a change, I like that.

Hmmm.. that looks really good.... and avoiding the weight of the bumper change too. :think:

I'm thinking drawbacks? As in is the fixing a bit rubbish without the bumper? ... Anyone know about them?

It mounts to the chassis rails IIRC. Drawback is you still have the rubbish plastic bumper with its lousy approach angles. You'll have to cut the bumper, and you'll have to think about the front suspension too I think.

Back