Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hj60 front winch bumper build

Iwan, is that Machylleneth?

I've got friends who's family farm not far away so sort of recognise it if it is that way.

It's place called Oswestry a nearby borders market town, it's a nice place Machynlleth plenty of trails around there.:icon-cool:

yea its lookin good to me mate!:thumbup:.... i reckon all we gotta do now is work out where to put the snowplough mounting brackets .. :think:..lol

yea its lookin good to me mate!:thumbup:.... i reckon all we gotta do now is work out where to put the snowplough mounting brackets .. :think:..lol

Yeah we should have built in that big orange winch then we'd be half way there with the plough :wtf:!

Hey thats a pretty impressive 70 series you have there in your pic! Look's like that one has an OME lift kit, custom bumpers and a 1kzt engine conversion! :icon-biggrin:

yes she was a monster that winch!!..have u got a pic of it to put up?

Haha thank you mate!!, you know that truck well!...:icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is a good picture of these 2 trucks.
octag and dutch4x4 018.jpg

Was hard to find that picture!

Ahh yes, u see i tend to shy away from the ones where im being towed out :lol:. nice pic mate, one i haven't seen :thumbup:

It's place called Oswestry a nearby borders market town, it's a nice place Machynlleth plenty of trails around there.:icon-cool:

I know Os as well, I used to work out Ruyton XI Towns/Baschurch way... it was one of those I know that place... I think I did actually Google the hotel, but wrote down what came into my mind first!

Ah, now I have a photo of that 70. Not being towed, but being stood on :icon-biggrin:

IMG_6013_zpsb7ad15ea.jpg

Thats a good pic there Steven, You must have been a good 4' to 5' off the ground where you were standing! It's always pretty good that truck with standard suspension and road tyres!:think:

What are you planning for the rear bumper something with a spare wheel carrier and recovery/towing points I've been looking at some nice ones but they are either in USA or oz and cost a fortune.

What are you planning for the rear bumper something with a spare wheel carrier and recovery/towing points I've been looking at some nice ones but they are either in USA or oz and cost a fortune.

We were looking at that job last Sunday, trying to hatch a plan:think:

60rearbumperjk0.jpg

I was looking about an hour ago at this and on some of the builds on IH8MUD.
Something high up again. Will be able to get the spare wheel carrier spindle hub and bearings of a local blacksmith guy. Unless someone on here has a supplier?:think:

I did see the ones for sale in the US but for $1799.00 its avoidable!

I am looking at this at the moment and was going to use a wheel bearing from something as they are 2 taper rollers back to back but in 1 housing so all you would need to machine is 1 'tube' and they are sealed for life.
this way it meanis you done have to have a stepped tube with the seals and bearings. would be a lot easier and cheaper to produce.
stu

Have a look on FCPImports as they have blanks for making hitch receivers, they also ship internationally... not sure how mcuh postage would be for a lump of metal...
49717_a.jpg

I'm looking at something similar for our 4Runner, but I need to get an Aussie approved towbar as my car was built after 1991, and I wouldn't mind swapping to a receiver hitch (which I can get for $100 s/h on the 4x4 Facebook pages) but that doesn't solve the issue of moving the spare wheel from underneath (which I would like to do to fit an aux fuel tank)

Also have a look on 4x4earth for some of the Australian builds, as they've got some ideas.

These guys sell the pivot kit.
Sumat like this!.jpg

I do see what you mean with like a rear axle bearing hub off like a drum braked golf for example. To but also from an industrial application that uses a similar setup.

where did you find the mount and how much are they ?

Back