Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hot water / shower products for camp / vehicle / overlanding

Surfy

hot-shower-Camping-gas-electro-geyser-water-heater-rv-wildcamping-camping-fishing-outdoor-vanlife-butan-12v-220v-4x4.jpg

This is my hot shower setup since 10 years, by using a heat exchanger to get hot water when the engine is running.

hot-shower-Camping-gas-electro-geyser-water-heater-rv-wildcamping-camping-fishing-outdoor-vanlife-butan-12v-220v-4x4-heat-exchanger-components-diy.jpg

Here I did start to collect solutions and components for a hot shower by gas, diesel, 12v, 110v/220v and solar at this link:

US Market:
Hot water and shower solutions for vanlife, overlanding and outdoor. - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

European Market (german):
Heisse Aussendusche - Lösungsansätze für Vanlife und Overlanding - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

For portable shower solutions the us market delivers more stuff, for components for DIY Shower Projects, Water Boilers (geyser) - the european market delivers more, therefore both are listened.

Funny to try too get an overview over the international market. Like at example the Ironman 4×4 Eco Pressure Shower from south africa is sold a DrPrepare at the US market.

trippin

Literally just come in from fitting an Eccotemp to the Hilux. Got one in the Metalian. Superb thing. I have a heat exchager in the Cruiser and rarely use it other than a desert shower just after pulling up. it just takes too long to heat the 80 engine from cold. I do have the Kampa Geyser too and that's good but not really a permanent installation and a bit of a faff to set up.

We use a horse shower from Shower King when we go away with the military vehicles ...storage and weight is obviously less of an issue with Tanks , Halftracks and 5 ton trucks etc , but it's a brilliant product , runs off a gas bottle and use's a 12v submersible pump to power it, use's a fair bit of water but we take 2 IBC's of water in the back of one of the trucks... keeps 6-8 blokes clean enough the WAG's don't have a wobble when they turn up at the weekend .

Thinking about one of these:

There are knock-off versions for £80 available, but I tend not to buy untested gas equipment.

I've bought a cottage and bit of land in France, plan is to refurb it myself, theres no water or electric, so this looks ideal, run it off a 19kg propane bottle and I believe a 12v supply to pump.

Would love to have something permanently fitted in the truck but I haven't found anything compact enough so I went a different way. Collapsible bucket, short length of hose and a couple of valves to switch from main tank to the bucket and a conveniently located attachment point that sits flush with the drawers.

I does takes a little longer in prep, usually 5 - 10min to heat up enough warm water in the jetboil, set up the shower tent and sort out the hoses but its a whole lot more space efficient and cost me about £15 in parts! We only have a 40L tank so it also helps make sure we use only what we heat up, no 20min leisurely showers here!

Attachments

• 19 - Sept - Water Bypass 1.jpg
    19 - Sept - Water Bypass 1.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 54
  • 19 - Sept - Water Bypass 2.jpg
    19 - Sept - Water Bypass 2.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 55
  • 19 - Sept - Water Bypass 3.jpeg
    19 - Sept - Water Bypass 3.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 57
Eccotemp. You know you want one. I picked up a barely used one this week - in the Lux already. £165 delievered. I think they have more. Cambridge way.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Eccotemp. You know you want one. I picked up a barely used one this week - in the Lux already. £165 delievered. I think they have more. Cambridge way.
Have you got a link for those Chris?

Thanks Chris. Shame Deb doesn't have another. It's not a high priority right now, but I'd snap up a bit of a bargain. I'm still figuring out how much space / effort I'm willing to dedicate to having my own shower facilities. The current not mrs wildsmith isn't keen on using shared facilities though.

Just put my Kampa Geyser up for sale on FB. It' snot a permanent installation unit really, but makes good hot water.
But it's about washing up to onot just showering. And we use it to boil water for tea, coffeee and pasta too so that when on the hob most of the work is already done. Nice for a hot water bottle too to get the RTT cosy. .

I'd take that Chris. It's worth a punt at that price. Are you going to fake Lincomb?

I am Jon. Can't wait. Just hope there's a glimmer of sunshine. OK had some interest in it already, but I can put your name against it. I need to clear some stuff out and generate a bit of cash to pay for the new stuff I am amassing. It never ends.

Funnily enough I’m bidding on this one, just down road from me.

I have a 5Ltr gas heated shower unit and fed by a 12V water pump from my water tanks
Its branded as ATLAS but i have seen the exact same unit printed with other brand names - so it is probably a generic Chinese manufactured brand.

The 1st time I used it, I almost got 3rd degree burns cos the water was so hot, however once I had the mixer and temps set to my liking it now works 100%
The gauge and switch on the far right, switches the water pump on and off, and also indicates water level in the two water tanks.
52250668377_4bf3cc4bc5_c.jpg

Housed inside a QuickPitch en suite shower cubicle.
52457948995_e80c9cff8b_z.jpg

Back