How to take care of rust? (pictures included)

Ramdaddy May 4, 2015

1. Ramdaddy

Ramdaddy New Member I am in united_states

Map
    So i have a couple spots on me 100 series where the paint has chipped off and its starting to rust. Any tips on how i can get rid of the rust, or at the very least prevent it from getting worse. Also is there any way i can fix/repaint the spots where the paint is gone, without having to repaint my entire truck?

4.JPG 3.JPG 2.JPG
    (may have to right click on pics and open them in a new tab, to see them better)

2. Beau

Beau Well-Known Member I am in guyana

Map
    Looks like just surface rust, so nothing too difficult to tackle. You could lightly sand out the rust until you get to bare metal again. Prime and apply paint then clear. It really depends on the finish you want. You can get away with doing a section spraying and merge it into the original paint work, it's not impossible. Or you can spray the entire panel again. The wing will be harder to do as it's in the middle. The rear should be easier as it's on the edge. You can apply a wax or sealant to it now, to help prevent any further rust buildup.

3. Ramdaddy

Ramdaddy New Member I am in united_states

Map
    okay thanks for the help

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter