Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HZJ 75 Aftermarket hub help

Jared1109

Country Flag
australia
Hi Guys

So I'm new to this site and was hoping someone would be able to help me with an issue on my 75 series. Recently my rear axle sheared off its hub studs and in the process key holed out the stud holes, so Ive got an aftermarket hub as a replacement. The problem is I can't source any wheel studs for the new hub. The studs from the original hubs are too loose for the new one and none of my local automotive stores (Bursons, Autopro, Repco, Veale) stock anything that fits. The Hub was supplied by Bursons and is identical to the Hubs sold by Repco. Unfortunately there's no brand name on the box.
Vehicle details are: HZJ75 built in 1995. Troopy body with rear disc brakes.
Hub Details: RH side rear Hub. Wheel stud holes are 14.5mm diameter (Im assuming a stud with a 14.6mm or 14.7mm Knurl would be needed).
If anyone with experience with Bursons or Repco hubs could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys

So I'm new to this site and was hoping someone would be able to help me with an issue on my 75 series. Recently my rear axle sheared off its hub studs and in the process key holed out the stud holes, so Ive got an aftermarket hub as a replacement. The problem is I can't source any wheel studs for the new hub. The studs from the original hubs are too loose for the new one and none of my local automotive stores (Bursons, Autopro, Repco, Veale) stock anything that fits. The Hub was supplied by Bursons and is identical to the Hubs sold by Repco. Unfortunately there's no brand name on the box.
Hub Details: RH side rear Hub. Wheel stud holes are 14.5mm diameter (Im assuming a stud with a 14.6mm or 14.7mm Knurl would be needed).
If anyone with experience with Bursons or Repco hubs could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance
Hey there. You have disk brakes on the rear of a HZJ75? Thats definitely not original. With hubs I'd be inclined to go with OME as much as is practicable.

Hey there. You have disk brakes on the rear of a HZJ75? Thats definitely not original. With hubs I'd be inclined to go with OME as much as is practicable.

Sorry mate, HZJ75 do have disc brakes on the rear from the factory. I have two of them. One is a 1995 and the other is a 1996.

The earlier 75's had drums on the rear, and some of the overseas models had drums until right through the 79 series.

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance

If you haven't sorted it out by now, I would insist that the seller of the hub supplied studs to suit. If they can't, ask for your money back and get a genuine hub and studs.

Sorry mate, HZJ75 do have disc brakes on the rear from the factory. I have two of them. One is a 1995 and the other is a 1996.

Yeah wow.... just did a bit of research and you're right! Thats interesting...

Back