Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I need new rear springs

Here's Fiery with nowt in the boot the new Ironman suspension fitted and 31" (265/75/16) A/T tyres :icon-biggrin:

There's not alot in that back end, but your front end does look a tad lower :think:

PA220682.jpg

DSCN0459_zpsc3993b64.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a couple more :icon-biggrin:

PA220684.jpg

PA220685.jpg

And here's one of her before the IM lift :shock:

P8080102-1.jpg

No lift 31" tyres
P8080102-1.jpg

Ironman lift 31" tyres
PA220682.jpg

Ironman lift 33" tyres
PA240725.jpg

Each of these photos was taken with nowt in the boot.

The other thing that you could do is leave as is and fit the 2.5" front suspension upgrade that they fit along with the diff drop kit :icon-biggrin:

TBH Steven I think this is the plan I am going to go with. I have some poly spacers in the garage left over for our kids Vitara. My plan is to fine tune the front end to give exactly as much lift as possible. The man "Chris" has already told us that the first fouling point seems to be the spring hitting the UCA. (Or the other way around probably). So I intend to methodically trim down the spacer to achieve maximum lift before the UCA hits the spring/coil assembly at full droop. I think this sounds the right way to go about maximizing the full potential of the IFS on our trucks. Again I will report my findings (Not sure I will have Ben's enthusiasm to get it done before my big trip) as soon as I can.

IMO.

I wish you could get such a cheap quick fix for the 80 series as mine sits down so much and its ££££s to sort it out.

And I thank you Karl for once again being there when I needed you most.

Here's some fun :icon-biggrin:

DSCN0459_zpsc3993b64a.jpg

DSCN0459_zpsc3993b64.jpg

I will just say again that the picture really does make it look faaaaaaaaaar worse that in real life. Definitely need to find some bigger rubber to fill those arches though.

I do have a question about gearing though and I am not sure whether to ask it here or elsewhere. So I will ask it here and hope to be pointed in the right direction.

Which way would the gearing need to go to for example fit BIGGER tyres. (Please don't start telling me that there is a whole host of thinks that need doing before theat. I am well aware of this) I was simply wondering how much and in which direction the difference between mine and Stevens Diffs would be. IIRC his is 4.300 mine I believe is 4.100????

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris I have some springs here that will fit the bill I am sure, they are Dobinson's that I originally fitted on mine but mine wasnt heavy enough (petrol) and the ride was too harsh, you are welcome to them if you want them

If I remember the spec they are plus 3 heavy duty springs for an oil burner

these are them, the green ones

Picture705.jpg

Last edited:
Chris I have some springs here that will fit the bill I am sure, they are Dobinson's that I originally fitted on mine but mine wasnt heavy enough (petrol) and the ride was too harsh, you are welcome to them if you want them

If I remember the spec they are plus 3 heavy duty springs for an oil burner

these are them, the green ones

Picture705.jpg

Thems sound exactly like what I am looking for. Let me know how much you want for them Mate.

if you drop me the shocks back when you have seen if they are alright you can have them, as it is you can just bolt them on and see if its ok, then just drop them off and change the shocks

yes as long as I can get to them in the garage without taking my camper out, I will let you know first thing in the morning

Nice one mate. drop us a text if its easier. will pm you my number.

Wemt to J66P's today and picked up the Dobinsons springs. Parked up nose to nose with his 95 and the front end was about 3 inch lower. His is lifted 2" and mine was supposed to be 1.5" so the difference should have been negliable. Had a quick look under mine and the axles are pretty much straight. Gonna get the new springs on tomorrow. (So much for it not being done before the big trip) Maybe I am trying to fill someones shoes.:lol:

Will post some pics and measurements when they are all in and sorted tomorrow.

When is your big trip Chris? :icon-biggrin:

Loads of time!

You could re-build the entire truck before then. :lol:

Some piccies with the new front spring in today. Looking pretty well I think. As I said before the rear was sitting at 635mm and still is. The front now comes in at 615 from wheel center to arch. It now looks much more acceptable. CV's still look OK to me just off level. I might drop the diff a little (1" to 1.5") though as it has been said on Prado Point it is cheap insurance at 35 quid. Need to find someone with a set of 35's now to see what further needs to be done to get them to fit. If its loads then I may just plump for 33's for the time being.

DSCN0494_zps479113d2.jpg

Oooo Oooo Forgot to mention my bumper trim after the bollard eating incident
DSCN0493_zps78055ba4.jpg

DSCN0492_zps8f93369d.jpg

Staring down at the wifes pride and joy. (Must get around to fitting her new roof
DSCN0491_zps660041a5.jpg

DSCN0490_zps0e8dc81e.jpg

DSCN0489_zpsc3247665.jpg

DSCN0488_zps90249e46.jpg

DSCN0487_zpsd9cc161d.jpg

DSCN0486_zpsbcd13e28.jpg

DSCN0485_zpsfdff1a0f.jpg

DSCN0484_zpsbfadf9d6.jpg

DSCN0478_zps181843e7.jpg

DSCN0477_zps62db83de.jpg

DSCN0472_zps043248fd.jpg

DSCN0471_zps05608582.jpg

DSCN0467_zpsc6e2953e.jpg

DSCN0464_zpsf9f8596d.jpg

DSCN0463_zps1f569bca.jpg

Looking pretty good.
We used to run the Northampton MX-5 club and were on T' national committee for many years .......A pals son has the 5 now, with a cozzy turbo on it!
Steve

Last edited:
I'm loving it Chris :clap: I must get outside and measure up mine. I'd like to see your with a couple of hundred kilos in the boot, but otherwise looks great :icon-biggrin: What I love is the fact that we are no longer tied to Ironman or OME as options for lifting our Collies :icon-biggrin:

Back