Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I need new rear springs

That's interesting, how do you find the results of fitting the Patrol springs?

they are absolutely spot on, Belton offroad is very good quality Aussie kit, they ride absolutely spot on and have settled slightly. They are about 5mm bigger in Diameter and sit in place just as the standard ones do

I only fitted them because I already had them stashed in my garage

Just found this :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, I have 881 OME coils ( 2,5" ) with nitrocharger sports shocks on front and before I had 890 OME coils with nitrocharger sports shocks in the back.

Right now in the back is another story: 80 series standart front coils and rear 80 series shocks and I can not be happier!!!! They are way more confortable, very good height ( 3,5" ), awesome flex, when I put weight matches the front, etc, etc, etc.

I'm very very happy with my actual setup!!

Cheers

Reads a little extreme for what I'm after, although a set of well used springs may work very well :icon-biggrin:

When I bought my Ironman 'B' kit it was sold as a 35mm lift from what I can remember, even though everyone called it the Ironman 50mm lift kit. After I'd fitted the kit it did in fact lift the truck an average of 50mm all round, but the standard springs that I'd removed were totally shagged and she was hard on her rear bump stops with even the smallest of loads in the rear.

Still surfing :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Tried to arrange a courrior to get the springs off Karl before 9 tomorrow but with one thing and another couldn't sort it. I have got a couple of days off work and was hoping to get them in tomorrow. However seen as though that is not going to be possible it is looking firmly like the weekend. they will def be on for sat night. Have decided to replace all the control arm bushing whilst I am crawling around under there, so does anyone have an opinion on weather the Orange Milners ones are OK or should I stump up the extra cash (£46) and go for the Super Pro's from Roughtrax???

Sorry Steven I forgot to say I went for B springs aswell. I think the front may drop a little more than I would like after I get my new bumper sorted aswell so may need to look into the front sooner than I was hoping.

Just found this :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, I have 881 OME coils ( 2,5" ) with nitrocharger sports shocks on front and before I had 890 OME coils with nitrocharger sports shocks in the back.

Right now in the back is another story: 80 series standart front coils and rear 80 series shocks and I can not be happier!!!! They are way more confortable, very good height ( 3,5" ), awesome flex, when I put weight matches the front, etc, etc, etc.

I'm very very happy with my actual setup!!

Cheers

Reads a little extreme for what I'm after, although a set of well used springs may work very well :icon-biggrin:

When I bought my Ironman 'B' kit it was sold as a 35mm lift from what I can remember, even though everyone called it the Ironman 50mm lift kit. After I'd fitted the kit it did in fact lift the truck an average of 50mm all round, but the standard springs that I'd removed were totally shagged and she was hard on her rear bump stops with even the smallest of loads in the rear.

Still surfing :icon-biggrin:

Where did you find that one steven???

My old front Ironman B's compared to brand new OME 850 springs:

20120928_143424.jpg

Old rear Ironman B's compared with new OME 863 springs:
20120929_181858.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
FYI went with Super Pro Bushes from roughtrax. Ordered them this morning. Looks like a busy weekend for me.

Where did you find that one steven???
That came from off of PradoPoint, there's some interesting reading on there and alot of alternative methods used for lifting a 90/95 compared to what we see on here. They seem to be using standard 80 series front springs and 80 series rear shocks to achieve the rear lift and then the same springs that you have J33P for lifting the front with the addition of a small spacer. There's also a lot more talk of the use of diff drop brackets, but then if they are doing 2.5 to 3" lifts youd have to consider dropping the diff to improve the CV angles. There's also some very interesting talk with regards to modified replacement upper front wishbones. I have to say all very interesting reading. I may start to make some posts over there, I see a few from here already do, J33P and ChrisGreen90 :icon-biggrin:

Hmmm, I think you might have a point after all Graham :oops:

Been driving to work this week, so bumpy backroads rather than round town, and the banging from the back end is not pleasant. It could be the springs, or it could be that my rear bushes are tired and so the rear beam is slopping around a bit. Things did improve with 4 wheels in the boot but I suspect the bushes are still partially to blame.

More investigation needed.

New (to me) springs are on. Will explain more a little later as just sitting down for some munch.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Right as I said earlier I have managed to get the 80 springs on the back of my truck tonight. No real pics as yet as was way to dark to get any decent shots when we finished.

IM springs Vs. 80

2013-01-17183416.jpg

Bit of a difference. as you can see.

Height before putting them on from wheel center to wheel arch was 610mm. After measurement is 635mm so thats and inch difference. Up the front it measures 560mm.

Does anyone know if the wheel arches are roughly level normally. If they are It would appear that I am about 3" down on the front and that is something I am going to need to look into VERY VERY hard. Personally I don't think it looks TOO bad but would be better If I can get the front up. Maybe do a 5" body lift at the front and only 2" at the back :lol::lol:

2013-01-17194533.jpg

New bushes to go in tomorrow but even now I must say that the ride is absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
Some piccies with the new rear springs. It does seem to look alot worse in the pics than in real life.
DSCN0460_zpscff3f723.jpg

DSCN0459_zpsc3993b64.jpg

DSCN0457_zpsdaa570f2.jpg

Oh yeah and for good measure She decided to try and eat a Bollard last night.

DSCN0458_zps4c901b68.jpg

Heavy duty metal rear bumper and rear winch time? :icon-twisted:

Just to make it sit level of course. :whistle:

Looks bad to be honest, jacked up sky high at the rear.
Mine was the same until WC4x4 swapped the rear springs for me.
There was no way, I was going to carry enough weight to bring the rear back dome level with the front.
Muds with old rims (6).jpg
Muds with old rims (3).jpg

When they put the other springs in, it was great.
Gra

Last edited:
It would look great if you could get another couple inches lift on the front, which will be difficult with the IFS

Heavy duty metal rear bumper and rear winch time? :icon-twisted:

Just to make it sit level of course. :whistle:

Oh Hell Yeah Ben.....That sounds like the way to go to me...SWMBO may be of a different opinion though. Still looking into way of getting the front end up. Waiting for steven's next post telling me the height of the front of his so I can tell how much the front has sagged. I know it has been asked time and again but a search for it could take hours of sifting does anyone know the standard height from wheel center to top of wheel arch.

From what I have read the 80 springs were only supposed to give a 3" lift over standard so there should only be about a 1.5" difference between the back and the Iron Man lifted front end. It seems to me the the front end has lost all its lift.

Any how I thought you all may enjoy a couple of nice articulation pics......Hope you like.

2013-01-18160413.jpg

2013-01-18160428.jpg

2013-01-18160631.jpg

2013-01-18160308.jpg

front end doesn't look saggy to me, if it is it isnt a lot, the rear is way too high if you ask me, the rear shocks will need to be longer or relocated to get any benefit

Its a funny thing isn't it :think: One mans meat is another mans poison as they say :icon-biggrin: When I first saw the outcome of fitting the 80 springs I thought 'Blimey!!!', but on reflection I'm now thinking that they look like a pretty good option. Its not that much higher at the rear than the front and I think its looking a tad odd due to the 31" tyres, if you stuck my 33's in that arch and dropped 200Kg in the boot I think that it would look quite well IMHO. And if the spring rate is such that it gives a comfy ride as suggested by others that have fitted the same then it must surely be a win win. The other thing to consider doing would be to cut some of the coil out as with the Calmini springs for the old Zuks. The Calmini front springs where supplied assuming that you were going to fit a winch and winch bumper, but if you weren't then the fitting instructions suggested that you trimmed a certain length of coil out of the spring. This may be an option here to fine tune the lift. The chaps over on PradoPoint that fit these 80 springs also seem to replace the shocks with 80 series rear ones. The other thing that you could do is leave as is and fit the 2.5" front suspension upgrade that they fit along with the diff drop kit :icon-biggrin:

IMO.

I wish you could get such a cheap quick fix for the 80 series as mine sits down so much and its ££££s to sort it out.

Back