1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ian Rubie

Julian Mar 8, 2010

1. Julian

Julian Well-Known Member

Map
    Just like to say, if you need Toyota genuine parts, Ian is the man
    I needed some CV Joint Boots for my axle rebuild, he had some and the pricing was advantageous, to be honest he was much more helpful than my local main agent
    Just thought you all should know

2. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    Can he do all genuine parts? ;)

Which local dealers have you tried as all the ones in Soton area seem to be useless. Just paid £19 for an oil filter and when i replied "how much!" he said that loads of people still go there for filters as they are sure they are the cheapest, even cheaper than the aftermarket ones!!!!
    Huge pinch of salt i think, i then said not to bother doing the quote on the wheels, gear knob and stereo mounting. :twisted:

3. Jon Wildsmith

Jon Wildsmith Super Moderator Supporter Guru I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    Ask him ;)

4. Ian Rubie

Ian Rubie Moderator I am in uk

Map
    I can get most parts. I import the parts that I sell and bring them in using air freight. The savings are best on small, light, high value items such as diff lock actuators - these are typically 50% of UK dealer. Things like starter motors or body panels are not economical due to air freight costs.

I try to hold a small stock of things, the import process takes 7 - 10 days.

I am not a dealer, I am not in it to make a living, it is just something I do in my spare time.

Cheers

Ian

5. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    And very well you do it, too Ian. My plan is to eventually to replace all the parts of my 90 so that I can re register it in 2011 as being brand new! I'm not doing too bad so far.

C

6. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    I had some window rubbers from Ian,

Super fast delivery at a good price, will contact him again when I want other bits

7. Ian Rubie

Ian Rubie Moderator I am in uk

Map
    Thank you all for your kind words.

Ian

8. adrianr

adrianr Well-Known Member

Map
    Thank you Ian. Excellent fella, top service, great prices, fast delivery.

You could teach Toyota a thing or two.

9. Nuclear Chicken

Nuclear Chicken Well-Known Member

Map
    :cool:

I'll second, third and fourth that. Top man.

Toyo UK need to get a grip on their prices. £18+ for an oil filter is just daft.

10. joinerman

joinerman Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Funnily enough i bought a filter from yota yesterday for my 80. £12 + vicious added tax

11. AndyCook

AndyCook Well-Known Member I am in scotland

Garage:
    Map
    I recommend Ian too,
    sorted out a new rear difflock actuator for me very quickly in the winter. and I had the replacement on the truck in time to use it in the snow

cheers
    andy

12. Bat21

Bat21 Well-Known Member Supporter I am in morocco

Map
    Just bought a set of starter contacts for my 80 from Ian, excellent service.

13. silvercruiser

silvercruiser Well-Known Member

Map
    Thanks to Ian for my genuine U/j's excellent service and i even fitted them today cheers.

Joe

14. Gary Stockton

Gary Stockton Super Moderator Supporter I am in zimbabwe

Garage:
    Map
    More kudos for Ian - all my bits for the suspension upgrade and rear door project have arrived safely and at attractive prices for OEM kit :clap: :clap: :bow-yellow:

15. TonyP

TonyP Super Moderator Supporter I am in uk

Map
    Might as well as my thanks to Ian to this thread too. My parts to fix Lil'Blue arrived sharpishly and at a very good price! Thanks Ian :clap:

16. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    Well I have had the odd few bits and pieces from him. He's alright I suppose.

Ha Ha. And they said that Eric Clapton was God. Ian's an absolute life saver. :bow-yellow:

Chris

17. 24Seven

24Seven Well-Known Member

Map
    Another thanks to Ian, fantastic service and a very good price :clap:

18. Matt Wright

Matt Wright Well-Known Member I am in south_africa

Garage:
    Map
    To add my 5 cents, it's not just that Ian goes so far out of his way to give you genuine useful information on any job you're attempting, but that he always supplies exactly what you need, not just what the manual says.. That makes a huge difference (the extra bits that arrive in the packages are an added bonus :) )
    I've rebuilt my front left and right axle using Rubie parts and have everything ready to do the BEB's and rear axle. In fitting my truck out for a 99 day Africa crossing, Ian is at the very top of my list of helpful people [as well as Andrew P and you too Gav with all the big parts :cool: ]

The very highest recommendation possible from my side - and thanks for helping organise Lincomb again Mr Rubie! :dance:

19. angeloperego

angeloperego New Member

Ian Rubie: the very highest recommendation possible.
    He is effective, fast, cheap and very kind.
    Was a pleasure to deal for my front axle rebuild parts.
    Thanks again.
    Angelo

20. trapper

trapper New Member

Map
    top man prepeard to go the ex mile cheers ian

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter