Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
This forum looks cracking on my new iPad mini

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....

Awe go and boil your head in a bucket. I don't care if you don't like Apple, see if I don't

C

Pics otherwise it did not happen! :violence-sniperdar:

Oh yes it did. Remember where I work and the fact that I get discount.

I still have no idea what I am going to do with it, but it's a nice thing.

P1010078.JPG

Didn't know you worked in PC world Chris?:shock:

I've got an iPad 2, and am very pleased with it!
Very.... practicle, for want of a better word.

IQ

Very nice indeed

So when are you going to watch Resident Evil... I would have thought a bit scary for you

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, Lazz. Been there several years now. Well, you know, the boots, the shirts with the name badge. There is a cap, but I don't always wear it. Just when I need to look really important.

£5.50 hr, what's not to like?

C

I saw that in the pic and knew some **** would spot it. It's the full boxed set. Going up to Scotland next weekend and we take a crate of scotch plus a trunk full of banging DVDs to get us through the dark nights. Well that and the needless killing of course.

Chris

I would have thought you would take up some scary animal ones... you know give them a chance of some revenge...

Very nice those small ipads

Any chance you might be able to help with a new imac when the released in December???:icon-biggrin:

Actually not seen much of the mini yet, what's the screen size? Might be good as a sat nav-a-ma-bob!

Oh Tony if only you knew. I have a pile of blood and death ones. Enough to turn you vegetabletarion

Chris

Opps crossed post timings there. Warren. Nope sorry. Sackable offence.

Scree is 7.9" so I read. It might be a mini, but it's not small. Very nice screen. Totally readable. Given that I came from watching films on my phone quite happily, this is awesome.

Last edited:
what a weird coincidence ....i was just talking about the ipad mini just moments before i clicked to read this thread ....

i am thinking about getting one for mapping etc

I'll tell you was, as well. It looks even better through my new iphone 5.

Lah la la la la I can't heeeeeeeaaaar you, not listening......:laughing-rolling:

Other phones and tablets are available, but who cares? :hand:

Chris

Fanboy! But at least you are honest about it :lol:

I've just got a big iPad G4 as an early (off Santa) and not using apple before, I'm well impressed. I want to use it for navigation. I have CoPilotGPS at the moment and looking for something better. Don't mind paying as long as its good. Trouble is I need maps for Romania and I don't know where to start.

Any ideas?

Sorry Clive if you're asking me, you're asking the wrong person mate. Obviously I have Apple maps on mine and I also have Memory Map which just seems to have copied over from my iphone. My pad is the non cellular WiFi only version so I wouldn't be using if for that. Phone signals in this contry are so shite that I wouldn't rely on them. Not sure if the posh pad had actual GPS in it. I can tether my pad to my iphone. In fact I have a spare iphone now and a data only SIM package so I suppose I could use that for location where there is a decent phone signal. But thing is that when there is a decent signal, I probably wouldn't need a map.

Chris

Clive, there's an app called Omnimap I think. I'll check when I get home. it has all the pas for Europe and I think Romian is on the list. It stores the maps you choose on the device so no need for any cellular data. Just the GPS works. Very nice interface and it works well all round. if you want to search, the logo is made up of yellow eye type objects, you'll know when you see it!
Cost was 6gbp I think for the software and world maps - that's what I got. Was a fraction more than buying one continent..

I've just got a big iPad G4 as an early (off Santa) and not using apple before, I'm well impressed. I want to use it for navigation. I have CoPilotGPS at the moment and looking for something better. Don't mind paying as long as its good. Trouble is I need maps for Romania and I don't know where to start.

Any ideas?

Hi there Chris, I've been looking at the iPad mini myself as a present for my farther in-law, it's a nice looking little thing :icon-biggrin:

If the iPad mini range is anything like the iPad full fat version then it will be only the 3/4G Cellular version that has the real GPS chip set built in enabling true real time navigation without having to be logged into the internet or a Cell Phone Tower. You can still use the WiFi only pads for real time navigation, but you have to buy a stand alone GPS dongle and conect this to the iPad via Bluetooth. I think you can pick them up for as little as £50 now but when I bought my iPad they were £80 to £100 for anything descent.

Here's a link to the one that I was looking at before I decided to buy the Pad with the built in GPS http://proviationshop.co.uk/shop/ar...EsZ99W11rjt&shop_param=cid=848&aid=XGPS150-E&

830259425317.png

Last edited:
Back